Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Havent Seen Us Play

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
that ws on a Sunday..wasn't it. Free enramce but you had to by a programme as i recall.

It was a Wednesday. I had to listen to it on the radio as it was a school night so I wasn't allowed to go... :down:

But the result did mean we got promoted... :clap2:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
that ws on a Sunday..wasn't it. Free enramce but you had to by a programme as i recall.
No, it was a midweek game. We needed a point to go up, they needed a point to stay up. They spent the last 20 minutes passing the ball to each other. We went up as runners-up to Aston Villa.

EDIT: As Trufflehound has already pointed out twenty minutes ago! (I should have read the whole thread.)

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
No, it was a midweek game. We needed a point to go up, they needed a point to stay up. They spent the last 20 minutes passing the ball to each other. We went up as runners-up to Aston Villa.

EDIT: As Trufflehound has already pointed out twenty minutes ago! (I should have read the whole thread.)

Yes. Sorry.

Can someone confirm that we did indeed have a Sunday game against Rochdale. Was it the fisrt ever?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
North Stand, halfway back, roughly in line with the west touchline, near to the Lego stand. 27 October 1979, v Norwich City, we lost 2-4. 29 years and 4 days ago.

Dandyman

In London village.
East Stand (1975/76 season) was where I started along with various school mates, until we graduated to the North Stand.

Nostalgia corner - anyone remember the fag butts flying back and forth between the North stand and the away enclosure?

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
North Stand, in the front against the white picket fence. !953/4 season as an 8 yr old - Newport County or was it Aldershot?

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
East Stand (1975/76 season) was where I started along with various school mates, until we graduated to the North Stand.

Nostalgia corner - anyone remember the fag butts flying back and forth between the North stand and the away enclosure?

Was that as a 'home' fan...?

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed

Just done some Google searching

May 3rd. 1972 was a Wednesday

I remember the floodlights being on, but as it was May, they probably weren't on at kickoff?

Happy days :ohmy:

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
North Stand at the Goldstone, I was about 5 or 6 and I'm proud to say from that day on I only ever saw 2 games from different areas of the ground.
Once in the East stand against Norwich in the cup (North stand was full) and once in the south stand (gay) against Sunderland, due to playing in the Junior Seagulls team that had one some tournament and we had to walk around the pitch with the trophy at half time. Apart from that the North stand is where I grew up.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
South Stand Goldstone midweek game Brighton and Hove Albion 2 Crystal Palace 0 :clap2:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Goldstone - North West corner in front of the lego stand (not sure if it was there when I first went). Funny little corner bit that had a great view but wasn't really the West stand.

Gravitated around the Goldstone to the half way line in the East Terrace and then eventually the North Stand until we left.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The thing about the Chicken Run, if you were leaning on the wall at the front and Frankie Howard or some large defender slid through some poor attacking player, the thud and grunt as the hapless opponent fell in a heap in front of you was awe inspiring for a nine year old. It was right in your face. Happy Days.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Yes. Sorry.

Can someone confirm that we did indeed have a Sunday game against Rochdale. Was it the fisrt ever?

We did have a few Sunday games round that era. As we went through the turnstiles we were given a bit of paper, which was our 'membership' to a special club. This was to get round the Sunday trading laws, which meant the club could only trade as a 'members club' on a Sunday :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here