Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was the last League/Cup game that you attended that didn't have the Albion

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
as one of the teams?

Mine was decades ago, the 1982 Cup Final between QPR and Spurs. I was offered a free ticket and as I knew the Albion would never make a Cup Final and I hadn't ever been to Wembley I accepted it.

Hated it as I couldn't care less who won.

Never imagined in my wildest dreams I'd be back again a year later and overcome with passion and expectation :lol:

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Arsenal V Chelsea at the Emirates two seasons back - Corporate guest of Betfair in their box.

entertaining enough game and pleasant enough surroundings - but when I googled what it would have cost me as a paying punter (£1250) - I had a cold chill.

that is NOT the way to experience football - no matter how rich you are!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I watched Portsmouth beat League leaders Sunderland 5-0 years ago. And I watched Palace beat Manchester United 5-0 in the year Man U got relegated.

I realised the atmosphere at the Goldstone was better than at these two clubs in comparable matches. Not much (compared to when we beat Charlton 7-0 declared) but definitely better.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
An odd question. But it was Villa versus Burnley (I think). It was a shameless bit of ground ticking in pursuit of the "92."

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Pompey v Cardiff FA Cup FInal a few years back in Club Wembley.

The thing that stays with me most was the mild enjoyment my Pompey supporting mates got from the victory. If that had been the Albion I'd have been going mental and probably also in floods of tears at the end!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well myself and another NSCer saw a pre season friendly Hercules CF against Real Madrid last year.

As for a "competitive" match that would be Arsenal v Bolton a couple of years ago at the Emirates, someone at work had a free spare.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Chelsea v Barcelona Champions league Semi-Final May 2009. It finished 1-1 But Chelsea should have won. My mate had a spare ticket and I went with him. I must admit it was a great night out.

D

Deleted User X18H

Chelsea V Portsmouth 2010 Football Association Challenge Cup Final.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Man city v Reading FA cup last season was the last! Have also seen a few Pompey away games all as part of work duties! Never actually bought a ticket for anyone other than BHA games though,

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I went to a couple of Arsenal Champions League games when they played them at Wembley. Brighton weren't playing, mate supported Arsenal and tickets were only £10 - it's where i fell in love with Dennis Bergkamp

Think there roughly 75,000 at the games I saw. Remember Gabriel Batistuta playing in one of the games and thinking he was brilliant too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here