Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was the first Gig that you went too

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Public Enemy, Run DMC & Derek B - Brighton Centre '89

Derek B is a bad young brother.
I was at that one, but it weren't my first. I went up to the Town & Country Club afore it was the Forum in 1985 to see someone like Kurtis Blow. It was the daredevil parenting days when 9-year-olds were taken to concerts from Brighton to London by their 11-year-old brother.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
kid creole and the coconuts,and i was right at the front!!!!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
South London - one of those multi-band tours in the early 60's - Beatles/Freddie and the Dreamers/Brian Poole and the Tremeloes/Dave Clarke Five/Cilla Black/Susan Maugham............ there were loads touring at the time.

First gig in Brighton was David Bowie as the warm-up to Genesis at the Dome about 1968.

First festival was the Isle of Wight to see The Who and Bob Dylan in 1969 although the following year was a better line-up from memory

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
808 State @Zouk, Singapore when I was 14/15. They were an inspiration to me and absolutely smashed it. At the time I don't think Singapore had seen anything like it.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
First proper band was Deacon Blue, at the AB in Brussels in 1990.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pink Floyd, Marlowe Theatre Canterbury, just after Syd was sacked, Saucerful of Secrets was the current album. Vast majority of concerts have been mostly downhill since then

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Either The Cure at Brighton Center or Big Audio Dynamite at Coasters, both in 1986 me thinks

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Curved Air-early 70's at the Brighton Dome.

I was there. That was Curved Air mk II with Kirby on guitar, I believe Stuart Copeland was still their drummer, Darryl Way was on Violin. My first was Atomic Rooster at the Big Apple (a club in North Street long gone).

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Strangely, that was my first gig. I won 2 tickets via the Argus, for getting 3 new Argus customers on my paper round!!

Nice one. I remember making myself ill with anticipation and it was really touch and go whether my Mum was going to let me go.

I was in a seat and as soon as the opening chords of 'Dreamtime' came crashing across the PA all my ills were forgotten. November 5th 1980 as I remember; the first of a two night stint and the first of ten Jam gigs. Funnily enough, my daughter is wearing the t-shirt for the final one as we speak; a bit faded. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit me anymore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here