Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was the first Gig that you went too

Mammoth

Kickin' back
Jan 28, 2011
Manchester Ship Canal
Mine Was EMF supported by Carter USM at the Underworld in Camden in April 1992. First of many memorable gigs watching Jim Bob and Fruit Bat.???

Carter weren't bad..... for palarse fans.

Return gig a couple of years ago at brixton carter supported by emf and s*m*a*s*h. top night out.

My first gig was either a long forgotten indie band called Jupiter 2 in about 1990 or west country mentalists Frenzy round about the same time. Drinking bass at the time- bit hazy.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Carter weren't bad..... for palarse fans.

Return gig a couple of years ago at brixton carter supported by emf and s*m*a*s*h. top night out.

My first gig was either a long forgotten indie band called Jupiter 2 in about 1990 or west country mentalists Frenzy round about the same time. Drinking bass at the time- bit hazy.

Were they Palarse fans, I did not know that, followed them everywhere for about 6 years, even when they went to a 3 peice act, some great songs but "Prince in a Paupers Grave" has to be the best. EMF were one of my favs bands at the time, Unberlievable, Children, Lies etc were good tunes. then there was Neds Atomic Dustbin, Sleeper, Echo Belly, Sultans of Ping.....etc etc

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Kraftwerk for me too but Dome 1981-I was 14.

On Wikipedia it says Brighton Centre only opened in 77?:shrug:

Ok, I was guessing. I remember being bored stiff. Don't think it could have been later than 78, I know I saw the Who, Lizzy at the BC when I was at VI form college from '79.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Gary Numan Brighton Centre 'Telekon' Tour 1980

Saw The Jam on the 'Sound Affects' Tour a couple of weeks later. That would've been MUCH cooler as the first ever gig.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here