Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was the first album you ever bought?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Total genius.

Which cannot be said for the LP of cover versions of Disney favourites which I may have had bought for me first. :D

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Lou Reeds Transformer or Bowies Aladdin Sane........... the memory is not so good nowadays.

Can anyone remember ''Now thats what I call music ''

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Lou Reeds Transformer or Bowies Aladdin Sane........... the memory is not so good nowadays.

Can anyone remember ''Now thats what I call music ''

isn't that " What We Used To Call Music"

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Certainly do - that's where we all perfected our cushion throwing techniques.

Saw Deep Purple, Floyd and TRex there (not at the same time) didnt the floor used to bounce up and down?

"War of The Worlds" by Jeff Wayne and others, 1978, somewhere in Brighton, possibly in the record shop that used to be in Churchill Square and used to sell model kits and stuff upstairs (or did I imagine such a place, someone please enlighten me) and later became HMV I think before it moved further down Western Road. Gosh what a long sentence.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I can't remember, it was too long ago.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Both of these came out in 1967 and the money from my 2 paper rounds payed for them.

The Beatles - Sgt Peppers

The Stones - Their Satanic Majesties Request

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Eee-Hee!

Attachments

• Michael Jackson - Dangerous.jpg
    Michael Jackson - Dangerous.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 56

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Slayed Alive - Slade, 72

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Who's Next. Cost $4.18. I have a good chuckle whenever The Large One posts -- it's his avatar.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Er... Phaedra by Tangerine Dream. I think I realised it was crap pretty quickly and sold it.

What would be the more interesting question is what was the first album that you bought that you still had today.

By 1975, I'd sold pretty much every album I had as I thought that all the bands were awful (Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, ELP, Genesis, said T.Dream etc). I think the oldest record that I still have is either Velvet Underground's Loaded or Led Zep 1 but who knows...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

What would be the more interesting question is what was the first album that you bought that you still had today.

All of them, apart from the ones I made the mistake of lending out and never got back. I have all my vinyl records in the loft, even though I have a record deck, but just can't be arsed to fiddle around with them as an ipod is way more convenient and I have most I still like on there anyway.

Saw Deep Purple, Floyd and TRex there (not at the same time) didnt the floor used to bounce up and down?

I remember not hearing properly for days after that one - btw did you go and join the all night queue for the Rolling Stones tickets immediately afterwards, outside that record shop in Middle Street near "The Cottage"?
The Big Apple was located in the old Regent Ballroom, hence the floor resonance.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
All of them, apart from the ones I made the mistake of lending out and never got back. I have all my vinyl records in the loft, even though I have a record deck, but just can't be arsed to fiddle around with them as an ipod is way more convenient and I have most I still like on there anyway.

Blimey, I've had regular culls, partly for financial reasons, a quick way to get some ready cash; partly for space reasons - particularly when moving gaff but mainly because tastes change. I'd be surrounded by vinyl if I hadn't got rid of loads over the years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here