Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was the BEST gig you have been too

bhafc82

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton
Starsailor at the Dome, Keane supported but had no idea they would end up being the success story.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
As a longtime Mellenhead (John Mellencamp) I get invites to small shows at about a weeks notice. I saw John and the full band play a small night club in Munich about ten years ago 400 inside many more outside (A sound system was rigged up for those who could not get in.) Imagine your favourite band, on top form, in a venue the size of the Komedia (serving German beers) and you have it. Best night ever! (Almost!)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The wonder of NSC. I was actually there too.

Same. I was doing music reviews for the Kent Evening Post at the time and blagged a plus one on the guest list. Yay!

Good venue as saw the Jam, Stranglers, Buzzcocks and Magazine there too but best ever gig there was a weird line up as say Joy Division followed by the Undertones followed by the Rezillos all on the same bill.

The manager there at the time was INSPIRED. As well as all of the above, also saw Madness, Penetration, Elvis Costello and The Pretenders. Not all on the same bill, mind.

In fact, Canterbury was a cracking place to see gigs around that time. As well as the Odeon, the local college put on The Jam and most of the Two Tone acts (Selecter were shite, The Beat sublime). Me and bruv once phoned up the social secretary and asked if we could be local support act for some random band of the time. She said sorry, that slots taken. But would we like to support The Fall.

Magic days.

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Bob Marley 1980. Nothing else comes close. Went both nights and met him on second night with the benefit of Rita, Marcia and.Judy squeezing past me on the tour bus still hot from the stage :) Was
humble man for real and very down to earth for somebody who was a true world superstar.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Used to go to loads when younger and it has to Bowie at Brixton Academy on the Serious Moonlight Tour - awesome

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Starsailor at the Dome, Keane supported but had no idea they would end up being the success story.

Starsailor, are your being serious?

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Just got back from the Foos at MK Bowl. Biffy clyro were great and the foos were outstanding. No Roger Taylor or alice cooper tonight, but we did have Dave grohl on the drums accompanied by seasick steve and John Paul jones.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Possibly . . .
Jesus & Mary Chain + My Bloody Valentine + Dinosaur Jr + Blur, Rollercoaster tour. 25/03/1992 Brighton Event.

i was at the Brixton Academy leg of that tour, never have my ears rung as much as when i left that gig. Took almost a week for them to recover. Great night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here