Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was the BEST gig you have been too

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Well we have had the First and the last, and with little football chat going on, how about the best gig / festival / concert you have been too?

Metallica at the Milton Keynes Bowl in 1993

I was at that one . Met my now wife at Guns 'N' Roses the week before, also at the Bowl and the Metallica was our first proper date.We shall be off to Sonisphere in a couple of weeks to see the mighty 'Talica yet again.

And the best festival i have done is Reading in 1992, simply for Nivarna

Was at that one as well . Don't remember Nirvana being that good that night. Seen them a few times before that , and they had been a lot better. Still I had taken my first 'vowel' that day and my memory of it kicking was when Bjorn Again hit the stage. All that greyness and mud. There was a massive mud pit in the middle of the arena , and then suddenly to the sound of Arrival , all this glitter and colour. Bang !!! I was off on a one man mosh pit to an Abba tribute band which continued into the Beastie Boys doing their punk rock set.
So maybe by the time Nirvana came on , I might have been slightly addled.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
May contain spoiler for Foos at MK 3/7/11

I have been to many gigs before so it really is hard to choose but....

Yesterday i went to see The Foo Fighters at the MK Bowl, if it wasn't the best gig ive been to then its certainly right up in the top one as Mr Clough would have said.:lol:

Supported by Death Cab for cutie, who were good, then Biffy Clyro who were excellent as always the day had got off to a great start. Then came the Foos who sang all the old classics and seemlessly fitted in most of their new stuff from Wasting Light, Roger Taylor was introduced to play drums during Cold Day in the Sun, and then during the encore Alice Cooper came on to lead the band for two numbers including Schools Out!
:guitar::guitar::guitar:
Amazing show that left me wishing i could just stay and get another ticket for tonights gig.

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
I have been to many gigs before so it really is hard to choose but....

Yesterday i went to see The Foo Fighters at the MK Bowl, if it wasn't the best gig ive been to then its certainly right up in the top one as Mr Clough would have said.:lol:

Supported by Death Cab for cutie, who were good, then Biffy Clyro who were excellent as always the day had got off to a great start. Then came the Foos who sang all the old classics and seemlessly fitted in most of their new stuff from Wasting Light, Roger Taylor was introduced to play drums during Cold Day in the Sun, and then during the encore Alice Cooper came on to lead the band for two numbers including Schools Out!
:guitar::guitar::guitar:
Amazing show that left me wishing i could just stay and get another ticket for tonights gig.

i'm going today, and leaving in about 20mins time. just had a look on youtube and 'schools out' with alice cooper looks amazing........:drink::drink:

wakokid

Jun 10, 2011
Lancing
The most memorable gig for me has to be Motorhead at Worthing assembly hall on their Eat the Rich tour. I've been to some rock concerts but jesus it was LOUD! couldn't hear a thing for three days afterwards. :guitar:

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
very difficult, but whittled down to a few in no order

The Chameleons @ The Escape Cub 1984
Gil Scott Heron @ The Old Concorde late 90's
Stereolab @ The Zap late 90's
Afrobeat Seun Kuti & Fela's Original Africa 80 /Tony Allen @ The Dome 2010
Cinematic Orchestra @ Royal Albert Hall 2011
Louie Vega's Elements Of Life /Josh Milan/ Raul Midon @ The Dome c.2005

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Still has to be the Clash 6th Jan 1980 at Canterbury Odeon. had tickets for the upper balcony but just before the Clash came on every one was just being let in downstairs, they just walked on stage picked up their guitars Joe said "allright" and then the next two hours is still the most memorable night of music, managed to get the set list which is stuck to the back of my London Calling Album now completely worn out! 31 years ago but remembering tracks like 1977 and Guns of Brixton still bring a shiver to my spine. Adam & Ants Hammersmith appollo 1981 was also brilliant as was P.I.L. Brighton Top Rank 1983/4

The wonder of NSC. I was actually there too. Good venue as saw the Jam, Stranglers, Buzzcocks and Magazine there too but best ever gig there was a weird line up as say Joy Division followed by the Undertones followed by the Rezillos all on the same bill.

Best personal gig of all time was the Ruts at the marquee. They put a live version of Human Punk from same gig on their first album!

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Roddy Frame in Tokyo 94ish. He had a bit of an impromptu singalongarroddy session and picked me, fuelled by copious amounts of Wild Turkey, last to get up on stage and sing Somewhere In My Heart.

Unforgettable moment. Really lovely guy and didn't deserve my horrible rendition.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
foo fighters yesterday was absolutely incredible, without doubt the best gig ive ever been to, it just kept getting better throughout. would pay an absolute arm and a leg to go and see that again.

inland seagull

Aug 7, 2010
Northampton
Isle of Wight Festival 1970, Jimi Hendrix, The Who, Leonard Cohen, The Doors, Moody Blues, ELP, Procul Harum,Joni Mitchell, etc etc etc

Queen at the Brighton Centre in 1978 was a bit special too

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
The Clash at the Brighton Centre early eighties, I was about 15 and it totally blew me away still love them to this day

Honourable mentions for Blur at Sussex Uni when their first album had been released

The Killers at the Brighton Centre

and The Jams farewell concert also at Brighton Centre

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yes - at Loftus Road in 1975. Just awesome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here