Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was that 'punch-up' all about in the second half?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Brighton fan fighting Brighton fan in the lower tier. Couldn't see exactly what was going on but there seemed to be some sort of scuffle and lots of frightened-looking pensioners!

Anyone shed any light?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Haven't a clue as I wasn't there to see it, but the same thing nearly happened at Donny a few weeks ago, two blokes giving it large to each other...didn't come to blows, but only just.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Ernest said:
Just down from me, I think there were some sort of murmurings about supporting the team and stopping the Zamora love in at various stages.

Zamora stayed on the pitch after the whistle and chatted to some old team mates, and thanked the Brighton fans. A true legend. At least he doesn't try and forget he ever played for us like Lawro. Bobby DESERVES a love in.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Gully said:
Haven't a clue as I wasn't there to see it, but the same thing nearly happened at Donny a few weeks ago, two blokes giving it large to each other...didn't come to blows, but only just.

Didn't know about that at Donny. There were some mouthy youths off to my left up there, spoilt it for me.

Oh, and some bloke arguing with the woman at the burger van :lolol:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Biscuit said:
Beach Hut VS Ernest - fight to the death, I'd pay to see that!

Beach Hut, Beach Hut, Beach Hut. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i saw it behind me but dont know wot it was about

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Spicy said:
Beach Hut, Beach Hut, Beach Hut. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Trigger could be a broker for the day, UC could give us his tips.. me? Well, I'd be the special guest ref! Leaving the cheerleading to BAG! :clap2:

Well it happened right behind me. Some pissed bloke , bald, glasses bha shirt on, late forties got stroppy cos he couldn't get to his seat, then came back in the second half for some more. He was punching the shit out of a teeneger who seemed to be stopping his dad from getting hit. And managed to fall onto a small lad who was a bit upset. A total f***ing arse hole who should have got chucked out.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The trouble at Donny was to my right, not too far from the far right hand side of the terrace, about half way up...didn't know there was a row near the burger van though. The people stood around where I was were all very well behaved, including a lass to my left who put a plastic bag over her head (without any holes to see or breathe through) when it started raining after half time...silly girl.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Franks Wild Years said:
Well it happened right behind me. Some pissed bloke , bald, glasses bha shirt on, late forties got stroppy cos he couldn't get to his seat, then came back in the second half for some more. He was punching the shit out of a teeneger who seemed to be stopping his dad from getting hit. And managed to fall onto a small lad who was a bit upset. A total f***ing arse hole who should have got chucked out.

That guy was being lead away by the police after the game

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Saw a police woman eject a young fan in the upper tier for absolutly no apparent reason!

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
This happened right where I was sitting. There was a bloke in his late 40's /early 50's with his wife/girlfriend who were absolutely pissed. I mean totally pissed. They arrived late , then he stood on his seat trying to contact his " mates" in the west ham stand on our right. Then he just shouted obsenities for the rest of the half before getting bored and then left with his woman, 10 mins before half time. He then came back 20 minutes into the 2nd half where upon he said, " are we 2 down? " That's how interested he was in the match.

He'd had words with a man on my right, a decent fan, a little on the large side, & with his son, just before at half time - on their way to the bar. He then left with the game about 10 minutes to go and then he kicked off with this bloke. It was totally his fault. Disgracefully, he hit his teenage son at least twice in the face as we, my mates and I tried to hold him back from going totally beserk. He was totally out of order. There were several kids in the seats immediately next to where this was going on and one young lad, 6 or 7 years old was in tears for the rest of the game. I asked his Dad was he ok, and with tears welling up his his eyes said he was very , very upset. That young kid will probably not want to go to and see the Albion again for along time.

People around me later said the bloke who kicked off was called Steve. Whoever he is, he should be thoroughly ashamed of himself... starting a fight with someone who had done nothing, and much worst still, lashing out hitting his teenage son and making very young kids terrified.

Two others things: Overall it was good that we, the decent Albion fans, self -policed this incident, which went on for several minutes by the way. But where were the stewards and Police? Normally when you go to an away game, you're pounced upon if you dare to stand up; at West Ham today when there was a pretty nasty fight, where were they?

The whole incident has left a very sour taste.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Sneaky George said:
This happened right where I was sitting. There was a bloke in his late 40's /early 50's with his wife/girlfriend who were absolutely pissed. I mean totally pissed. They arrived late , then he stood on his seat trying to contact his " mates" in the west ham stand on our right. Then he just shouted obsenities for the rest of the half before getting bored and then left with his woman, 10 mins before half time. He then came back 20 minutes into the 2nd half where upon he said, " are we 2 down? " That's how interested he was in the match.

He'd had words with a man on my right, a decent fan, a little on the large side, & with his son, just before at half time - on their way to the bar. He then left with the game about 10 minutes to go and then he kicked off with this bloke. It was totally his fault. Disgracefully, he hit his teenage son at least twice in the face as we, my mates and I tried to hold him back from going totally beserk. He was totally out of order. There were several kids in the seats immediately next to where this was going on and one young lad, 6 or 7 years old was in tears for the rest of the game. I asked his Dad if was he ok, and with tears welling up his his eyes said he was very , very upset. That young kid will probably not want to go to and see the Albion again for along time.

People around me later said the bloke who kicked off was called Steve. Whoever he is, he should be thoroughly ashamed of himself... starting a fight with someone who had done nothing, and much worst still, lashing out hitting his teenage son and making very young kids terrified.

Two others things: Overall it was good that we, the decent Albion fans, self -policed this incident, which went on for several minutes by the way. But where were the stewards and Police? Normally when you go to an away game, you're pounced upon if you dare to stand up; at West Ham today when there was a pretty nasty fight, where were they?

The whole incident has left a very sour taste.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Sneaky George said:

Two others things: Overall it was good that we, the decent Albion fans, self -policed this incident, which went on for several minutes by the way

How did you self police this, if it went on for 2 minutes ???

Why didn't anyone pile into this bloke if he was hitting a teenager ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here