Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What was Attendance

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Gut feel is if last Saturday was 22k-ish, today we were slightly higher.

I'd go for 23-24k bums on seats.

Very much agree with this and interested to see if this continues on into the season . I think we may need to see more games to establish if this is a blip due to extenuating circumstances or a slightly worrying trend . For what its worth my feeling is that it is a combination of factors , greater number of seats ,covid ,holidays ,season ticket sharing etc,and not just one thing . Something that crossed my mind was wondering how many of the empty seats we see are long standing season tickets or some of the newly created seats which by virtue of the way they were created are scattered around the stadium ? I think time will tell us more.

Last edited:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Around about 50 seats were added to each block in the East Stand, so it could be making it look a bit worse than it is.

Still, I don’t agree with the ticket sharing policy, that definitely doesn’t help. Many of us were shot down for saying that it would lead to many more empties a few months ago though.

There was a line of about 10 empty seats in the North Stand yesterday, that seemed a bit strange. It was a near sell out yesterday, a lot of season ticket holders not turning up.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
The area in WSL near us which sells tickets to the general public was at least half full if not more, for The Watford game it was virtually deserted. Lots of empty seats where season tickets are sold, must still be those on holiday in Europe.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Club will be delighted £30k plus paid and in addition a certain no would have paid £20 and £25. Sad but wont care about empty seats. Its a business

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Are other clubs' fans as obsessed with what the attendance is vs what it's announced as as some on here seem to be? I've genuinely never noticed it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The area in WSL near us which sells tickets to the general public was at least half full if not more, for The Watford game it was virtually deserted. Lots of empty seats where season tickets are sold, must still be those on holiday in Europe.

See the thread about season ticket holders not going because people are refusing to wear masks. My seat was empty yesterday because 95% of people in the north stand aren’t wearing masks. I don’t feel safe.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Are other clubs' fans as obsessed with what the attendance is vs what it's announced as as some on here seem to be? I've genuinely never noticed it.

I don’t know if other clubs fans are obsessed with what the attendance is vs what it’s announced as.
I’ve genuinely not noticed any comments from them :)

Is any Albion fan on this thread obsessed with the attendance figures?
TBH I’ve genuinely not noticed :moo:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I don’t know if other clubs fans are obsessed with what the attendance is vs what it’s announced as.
I’ve genuinely not noticed any comments from them :)

Is any Albion fan on this thread obsessed with the attendance figures?
TBH I’ve genuinely not noticed :moo:
I am....can't sleep at night with the extreme worry it causes. :blush:

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
See the thread about season ticket holders not going because people are refusing to wear masks. My seat was empty yesterday because 95% of people in the north stand aren’t wearing masks. I don’t feel safe.

Yes I know, my comment was tongue in cheek, some posters think the empty seats are those on holiday and can’t see anything else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here