Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What was Attendance

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Really? Football is a passion and Leeds fans have been passionate as long as I have been going there (since '94) Ever since Bielsa turned up and that first Stoke game was on tv, the ground has been full. We had 40,000 members trying to buy the 10,000 non-season tickets for this match. The league cup game against Crewe tonight sold out as well. With Bielsa you get entertaining football win, lose or draw.
If we stay in the Premier League there are plans to increase to 60k. The demand is there.

Do they want tickets on phones. Can you pass ticket on

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Leeds didn't insist on Covid passport, ID or compulsory LFT

We will not be conducting COVID certification checks but we encourage all fans to take a lateral flow test within 48 hours of the game and anyone who has tested positive, displays symptoms or is required to isolate should not attend the match. Please also be mindful that players and management are required to remain in their bubbles and are not able to stop for autographs and photographs before or after the game.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Majority of fans on here would admit Leeds are a big club with massive & passionate support. Many have pointed out that Leeds have had the most vocal away support at The Amex. We are not in the same category of support in numbers or passion but we do relatively well considering the size of the club. Fans of rival clubs often give little credit to 'bigger' clubs for example not many Leeds fans would admit to the level of support given by Liverpool or Man U fans.

Eh? Speak for yourself.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Eh? Speak for yourself.

He's right though? Leeds are a much bigger club than us in terms of number of fans and number of passionate fans. He's obviously not saying we don't have passionate fans. Just not as many as Leeds. As he also said though, we don't do badly at all overall considering where we've come from, and the future is very bright with Albion having a large percentage of support from the kids around Sussex thesedays, pulling them away from the big London clubs up the road.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He's right though? Leeds are a much bigger club than us in terms of number of fans and number of passionate fans. He's obviously not saying we don't have passionate fans. Just not as many as Leeds. As he also said though, we don't do badly at all overall considering where we've come from, and the future is very bright with Albion having a large percentage of support from the kids around Sussex thesedays, pulling them away from the big London clubs up the road.

Number and passion are two completely separate and exclusive concepts. Sure, Leeds have a greater number of fans than us; but I absolutely do not accept that those fans are more passionate than Albion fans (or any other club, for that matter).

Edit: to be clear - you will see, in my original response to [MENTION=23066]gulls[/MENTION]worth, that I didn't highlight the word "number", as Leeds obviously have a larger fan base than us.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Number and passion are two completely separate and exclusive concepts. Sure, Leeds have a greater number of fans than us; but I absolutely do not accept that those fans are more passionate than Albion fans (or any other club, for that matter).

Edit: to be clear - you will see, in my original response to [MENTION=23066]gulls[/MENTION]worth, that I didn't highlight the word "number", as Leeds obviously have a larger fan base than us.

Greater number of fans AND greater number of passionate fans is what I believe he’s saying.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
He's right though? Leeds are a much bigger club than us in terms of number of fans and number of passionate fans. He's obviously not saying we don't have passionate fans. Just not as many as Leeds. .

Why would you believe that when he actually said (emphasis mine):-

:shrug:

Sorry AZ I misunderstood and was agreeing with what BN41 Albion said and not the other poster.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Eh? Speak for yourself.
Oh gawd.......I don't want to be at odds with one of the most respected posters on NSC but I still stand by my opinion that the supporters that follow Leeds are as a fanbase more passionate than Brightons fan base, reflected in the numbers that watch the games live......World wide supporters in far greater numbers than us and are known to be one of the noisiest fans in England away from Elland Road. We simply can't, as a fanbase come near although we do a terrific job for a club of our size

Just opinions though.:smile:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Dont know about East stand but looking towards West Stand loads of empty seats about 20% plus empty

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well from where I was sitting 1 row from the back at the top of WSU there were loads of empty seats in every stand. I would have said 25k actual attendance

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Lots of seats empty because of this pathetic club approach to sharing seats. The people I normally go with could not even give their seats to friends due to the extra costs and then have to be the dedicated nominees.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Lots of seats empty because of this pathetic club approach to sharing seats. The people I normally go with could not even give their seats to friends due to the extra costs and then have to be the dedicated nominees.

The club must be rueing that approach because the gaps are surely going to be bigger for the less attractive midweek evening fixtures.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here