Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What time did you get home?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
got back home to Burgess Hill at 11pm after a long wait for the Mill Road park and ride. It was chaos last night with nobody seemingly having a clue how to organise. Great match though! My pal who used the Racecourse park and ride was back home in Crawley by 10.30pm! A lesson learned!

A pint in Dick's Bar at the end of the game - an easy stroll down to the station at 10.25pm - on the first train to Lewes at about 10.30pm - an easy walk to the car (parked in central Lewes) - back home in Firle at 10.55pm. Just over 30 minutes from stadium to kettle.

Back in Polegate 12.45 for me. Waited for an hour and a quarter for the Eastbourne train which was delayed (again) by half an hour.

I felt sorry for the poor sods who wanted the Seaford train. Theirs hadn't even arrived when we finally left and kept getting delayed. God knows what time they got home.
Why didn't you get the first train to Lewes and pick up a Haywards Heath - Eastbourne train there?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Because the last time I tried that, Lord B, it didn't work. Missed it by 1 minute because they wouldn't let us on and ended up stuck at Lewes for 40 minutes and getting on the train I originally wanted anyway.
Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but in my own experience, it doesn't.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I wonder whether at some point there will be covered queueing areas. It was balmy last night and still getting fractious in the R S P and H bus queues. Most of it unreasonable from people not too aware how far we have come - but come a cold, wet night after a heavy defeat and the stewards may be asked more fractious questions.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Stayed for a couple after the game, got home at 2315

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Myself and Mini discussed travelling options on the walk to the station last night and agreed for all the minor changes on leaving earlier and having to queue at times it really is a very small price to pay for having a fabulous football stadium as opposed to the possibility of getting soaked in the South Stand at Withdean.
Agree with this totally - but still think more could be done to improve things. A fleet of special buses from Brighton station to the stadium should be easy enough to organise.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Left Bennetts Field immediately after final whistle and back in Worthing at 10:20

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Back in Seaford by 11.00 using Mithras House P & R. Left at end of match but it takes 10 to 15 minutes to get out of WSL then join the P & R queues. At about 10.00 they split the joint Mill Road/ Mithras House q below the steps into two. Sensible but it's still not right once you get up the steps. An accident waiting to happen. The mouthy head steward was saying the whole design was wrong and that the bus coach park needs to be rebuilt. One of the woman stewards was crying because things were such a shambles. The control of the loading of the buses was as usual confused. As other posters have said load more than 1 bus at a time. For both Mill Road and Mithras there were empty buses waiitng. If there was simultaneous boarding the queues would reduce and the buses would be away quicker. Not looking forward to a wet cold night and standing there for 30 minutes.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Stayed for a burger & a pint, wanted pie but only had veggie. left ground 10.15, hopped on bike and home at 10.22 ish.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Left at final whistle and got on 2nd train out of Falmer,22.20 Victoria train to Worthing then a 45minute wait for a train to Angmering.
Indoors for 23.50.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here