Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What The f***

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Yorkie said:
We may not have got a draw away and it actually costs to host an extra game at Withdean.

I would have thought an extra game at Withdean would generate money. I know we lose money on a week by week basis by playing there, though a lot fo this is fixed costs like players wages etc which are paid anyway. £75k - 5000 tickets at 15 quid per head. This is presumably extra revenue with less overheads than normal. I could be wrong though

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Brighton Boy said:
obviuosly not if people are happy for us to lose

Nobody is saying they are happy for us to lose, that's just picking holes in the statement being made. The point being made is that we are still in a tight spot as far as a future is concerned, so let's not get carried away....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Come on its not like MM wants us to lose or put in a bad performance.

But I do get the feeling that MM is venturing into panic mode by playing more and more players out of position and trying to defend 1-0 leads. Which only encourages other teams to attack.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
2 goals very close to each other would suggest we were just being slack though

If you are referring to the 89th minute equaliser and the 91st minute winner these were over 10 minutes apart. We played 2 mins added time at the end of the 2nd half, and although the teams didn't leave the pitch, it must have been almost 10 mins before extra time kicked-off.

They scored with their first attack - I think we were caught out positionally with both goals since Leon had been moved out of centre midfield to make way for Chippy on 87 minutes - I think we had lost our marking ....

Brighton Boy said:
obviuosly not if people are happy for us to lose

Yep, spot on there mate. Did you not see the carnival atmosphere on the streets of Brighton last night as thousands of blue and white clad people danced the night away to celebrate our latest defeat. The great finale was when me and Yorkie danced a tango around a burning effigy of Mark McGhee. Oh how we laughed.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Lokki 7 said:
Yep, spot on there mate. Did you not see the carnival atmosphere on the streets of Brighton last night as thousands of blue and white clad people danced the night away to celebrate our latest defeat. The great finale was when me and Yorkie danced a tango around a burning effigy of Mark McGhee. Oh how we laughed.

ok.......not happy but dont mind...

people have said it dont mean nothing its worthless and it is one game less for us and we could get a home game which would cost more money......

which indicates people arent that bothered about the result

Brighton Boy said:
never thought id get this pissed of...........

i dont slate the players at games but this is diabolical as it stands 3-2 down to shrewsbury.......

needs sorting ..........

their is backing the manager etc...but this is to much.

blame crap goal keeping but we look dire everywhere at the moment....

playing players in odd positions is starting to piss me off

You obvoulsy haven't been an Albion fan for long if your reaction is like this. believe me this will be more than a regular occurrence.

maffew said:
I would have thought an extra game at Withdean would generate money. I know we lose money on a week by week basis by playing there, though a lot fo this is fixed costs like players wages etc which are paid anyway. £75k - 5000 tickets at 15 quid per head. This is presumably extra revenue with less overheads than normal. I could be wrong though

season ticket holders get a free cup game on their ticket, which would have been this extra game at Withdean you refer to. it would taken up most of the potemtial profit

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Re: Re: What The f***

Storer68 said:
You obvoulsy haven't been an Albion fan for long if your reaction is like this. believe me this will be more than a regular occurrence.

i have been for years but this is the first time ive got deeply pissed of....hence this thread

jolson

Aug 8, 2005
You weren't deeply pissed off after being rock bottom of Division 3, having sold our ground and narrowly avoiding relegation from the Football League on the last game of the season, then having to make the round-trip to the Priestfield week in week out to watch us lose 4-0 at home to teams like Lincoln City? :ohmy:

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
im only 20 so some memories are vanished i only remember a couple of bits from the goldstone......i dont remember all that much from then and also didnt attend as much as i do now

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Storer68 said:
season ticket holders get a free cup game on their ticket, which would have been this extra game at Withdean you refer to. it would taken up most of the potemtial profit

surely they would have used the ticket for the fa cup first round?

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
imho i believe that at present our best two players are Paul Reid and Dean Hammond. These two are both creative players with the ability to defend and score goals. Neither of them is short on pace and both have the ability to make a decisive game winning pass. Play them in centre midfield and i believe our problems with creativity will be solved. I really cant see us bringing in any players now before the deadline who are gtoing to solve this problem so why not use the ones we already have. As for panicking after a loss last night, i believe that we will turn this season around when the team gels although i cant see us being in anything other than a relegation battle like last season.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Yorkie said:
I really dont even mind if we do get relegated quite honestly - the main priority is to get a stadium sorted out.

Interesting view ....
I wonder if Southampton would rather be playing Premiership football at the Dell or Championship football at St Mary's ?
Okay, a different predicament to ours since we have a "Withdean" and not a "Dell" to trade up from.
I guess the long term view must be stadium first (at any cost) and then we can rebuild in the comming years to regain the division where we belong (whatever that is?).

Its the "at any cost", being defeats, early cup exits and relegation that some of us find hard to accept ...... must be a sporting/competitive nature. For me, its not the taking part, but the winning, that's most important.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
maffew said:

No it's the first cup game, regardless of what cup it is. Last year it was the Bristol Rovers game.

Of course it hurts when we lose but I would rather lose to Shrewsbury than to Preston. A League cup game is not important but the league is.

42 games to go and we must win some of them.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
maffew said:

You dont have a choice what cup game it is for, one year it was the LDV v Forest Green. Anyway we enter in the FA Cup 3rd round, so could be the Arse

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Brighton Boy said:
then if your bad now imagine may time cos at this rate its gonna be a long old season
I'd rather have a long old season in this division than div1........., and if we can achieve the impossible AGAIN, and defy all odds by staying up, i will be delighted and look forward to another struggle next year........This division was never going to be easy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here