Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What team would YOU put out tomorrow?

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Yeh okay a bad game. I'm not sayin he's the best and he did have a mare but the majority of keepers dont have great games away at stoke. Really think ankergren would have done better? Southampton at home is very different to stoke away so maybe gice brez a chqnce. The amount of stick Ankergren gets why not give brez a game?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Ankergren
Cook~El-Abd~Greer~Taricco
Forster-Caskey~Bridcutt~Harley
Buckley~Mackail-Smith~Lualua​

Bench: Brezovan, Rodgers, Paynter, Hall, Adgestein

As a side thought, how many double-barreled players could we fit into a team?

Mackail-Smith
El-Abd
Cumming-Bart
Forster-Caskey

Any more?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
GK Peter Brezovan
RB Steve Cook
LB Mauricio Taricco
CB Gordon Greer
CB Adam El-Abd
CM Liam Bridcutt
CM Ryan Harley
CM Matthew Sparrow
RM Will Buckley
LM Kazenga LuaLua
FW Craig Mackail-Smith

Subs;
Casper Ankergren, Grant Hall, Jake Forster-Caskey, Billy Paynter, George Barker.

My only concern would be that we've only really got Billy Paynter to come on and change the game if it's getting away from us. I wouldn't be afraid of putting Forster-Caskey on the pitch at some point though, beware the uknown talent... And he has the added advantage of knowing the pitch at the Amex without having played in front of a really big crowd, so he's been broken in gently. Tomorrow will be a good experience for him. I would throw on George Barker aswell, whatever is happening.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The problem position obviously is goal keeper but is Brezovan better than Ankergren I am not sure that he is.

No, he isn't. He is inferior in every aspect of goalkeeping, and I don't mean any trace of sarcasm there. But I miss Brezovan being in goal. This run feels like Gus' first season here when he was discovering first hand what standard of player is required and what sort of football he wants his team at this level to play. I think once we've got the january window out of the way, our form will improve markedly, we'll finish the season strongly with a reasonable 13th place finish and then ROMP to the title next season.
:clap2:

Oh, and West Ham away will be the 2009/2010 seasons equivalent of Charlton away, the 2-1 win which makes everyone believe that we're capable.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Assuming the only ones who are fit are the ones listed on the website, I'd go:

--------------------Ankregen--------------------

------Hall-----El-Abd-----Greer-----Taricco------

---Harley-----Bridcutt-----Kasim-----Lua-Lua----

--------------Buckley-----Mackail-Smith---------

Can change into a 4-5-1 (and variations) if need be with Harley going inside and Buckley to the right. Said Hall (him or Cook) instead of El-Abd because he's a little bit quicker and that might be key against Saints pace. May as well try the kids, not got anything to lose because even with a full squad, it'd be a game you'd be happy to take a point from.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Brezovan
El-Abd Cook Greer Taricco
Bridcutt Sparrow
Buckley Harley LuaLua
CMS

Ankergen needs taking out of the firing line.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Noted that in The People match report they gave Ankergren 7 and our MOM which rather contradicts what most say on here about him and his performance.

It's safe to say that The People haven't grown tired of every long range shot which is on target flying into his net, and The People haven't had enough of his inability to deal with crosses into the box.

SS_SS

Nov 19, 2011
--------------------------------------------Davis----------------------------------------------------

--Richardson--------------------Fonte--------------------Hooiveld----------------------------Harding----

--Guly-----------------------Hammond-----------------Cork--------------------------------Fox-------

-----------------------------Connolly----------------------Lambert--------------------------------------

Subs: Bialkowski, Martin, De Ridder, Lallana, Holmes.

Oh, sorry, wrong forum.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think it is more indacative of an independant appraisal rather than a biased one by our fans and may go along the same lines that Gus thinks about Casper.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I would think it is more indacative of an independant appraisal rather than a biased one by our fans and may go along the same lines that Gus thinks about Casper.

What do you think is Poyet's honest assessment of Ankergren? Or rather, what do you think he'll say to him before the game tomorrow?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
May be controversial but I think that he will give him the encouragement he needs to perform to the best of his ability. I do think that perhaps questions should be asked about Tony Godden as goalkeeping coach who should have sorted out his flaps by now.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
---------------------------Ankergren------------------------------
-----Cook-----------El-Abd----------Greer---------Tano---------
---------------------------Bridcutt--------------------------------
---------------------Sparrow-------JFC---------------------------
----Lua-Lua----------------------------------------Noone--------
------------------------------CMS---------------------------------

Can't afford any passengers tomorrow, so I'd drop Harley and obviously Paynter and give Forster-Caskey a chance. He cannot do any worse than Harley has been doing all season at the end of the day.
We have nothing to lose in this one- all the pressure is on them, so let's hope we can get a positive result.

nipponseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Really down to the bare bones ATM so -- > GK.Brezovan RB.Cook LB.Tarrico CH.Greer CH.El-Abd MF.Bridcutt MF.Forster-Caskey LW.Buckley RW.Lua Lua CF.Mackail-Smith CF.Agdestein Subs--> Ankergren, Hall, Kasim, Sparrow, Barker. Don't think we have anyone else......except Harley and Paynter [and they should not be included as they are crap!] Still, Saints not so good away, esp against the lower teams - and that's us ATM !! so 2-0 the the Albion!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here