Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What team would YOU put out tomorrow?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Official site says Calde, Painter, Vicente and Hoskins are all going to be 'assessed' ahead of tomorrow, what that means who knows and they say that most weeks especially about Vicente and Hoskins. But getting even one of those four back at the moment would be a big boost.

Would love to know how Vicente is "assessed"....Phone call from Gus."Hola, Vicente do you fancy a game of footie today"....Vicente "Not today gaffa, my heads not right and I cut my lip licking a christmas card. Maybe five minutes at Easter, adios gaffa".

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Ankergren
Cook El-abd Greer Tanno
Bridcutt Harley Sparrow
Buckley/Paynter CMS Lualua

Subs: Brezovan, Hall, JFC, Paynter/Buckley, Kasim

Personally i didnt think Paynter played that badly against Coventry. Tried hard and got a few flick ons. Only had that one bad moment when he seemed to take his eye off the ball and it went straight past him. This is of course assuming that he is available to play? When does his loan end?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Given the likely available players we have. We will almost certainly see one or two of the development squad thrown in.

I'd go:

Ankergren
Tano Gere El Habd (C/b) Cook (R/b)
Lua Lua Bridcutt Sparrow JFC
CMS Buckley

Subs:

Brezovan, Harley, Paynter, Simmonds, Sampayo.

I prefer Adam at CB. He has often looked exposed when he has played right back particularly recently. I'd also give Buckley a go alongside (or just behind) CMS.

( I'd also give Buckley a go alongside (or just behind) CMS.) would that be to spur them on before the game

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
01-Womens-Team-15AUG11-PH-2.gif

Is it possible to borrow the keeper?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Well unless we get Iniesta, Xavi & RVP starting the game for us tomorrow, I'd get whoever's fit to stop pissing about with the ball at the back; quick balls to whoever's playing on the flanks & have a bloody good go at The Stains full-backs. You know, a good old fashioned blood & guts performance for 90 minutes with everybody fully committed to The Albion cause. And if we end up getting stuffed, then so be it. At least the players will have given it a good go & showed us all that they have some heart & pride in their profession; & a respect for the club & supporters who pay their wages.

Meanwhile, back in Reality Central...

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
------------------Ankergren------------------

---------Cook------Greer------El-Abd---------

Buckley--------------------------------Taricco

-------------------Bridcutt-------------------

--------Forster-Caskey-------Harley----------

--------------------------------------LuaLua

----------------Mackail-Smith----------------

Bench
Brezovan
Hall
Sparrow
Paynter
Kasim

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Ankergren
Cook El-abd Greer Tanno
Bridcutt Harley Sparrow
Buckley/Paynter CMS Lualua

Subs: Brezovan, Hall, JFC, Paynter/Buckley, Kasim

Personally i didnt think Paynter played that badly against Coventry. Tried hard and got a few flick ons. Only had that one bad moment when he seemed to take his eye off the ball and it went straight past him. This is of course assuming that he is available to play? When does his loan end?

infact in saying ankergren in goal, anyone else think that with southamptons height and the fact were going to have to deal with high balls into the box that he might be tempted to give brezovan the game? I think ankergren could get murdered by them is all

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
infact in saying ankergren in goal, anyone else think that with southamptons height and the fact were going to have to deal with high balls into the box that he might be tempted to give brezovan the game? I think ankergren could get murdered by them is all

He did so well at stoke after all. Oh.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My team for Southampton

Ankergren

Cook~El-Abd~Greer~Tarrico

Bridcutt

Buckley~Sparrow~Forster-Caskey~Lualua

Mackail-Smith​

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports