Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What team would you play against Swansea

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
we are likley to be big underdogs and everyone (judging by predictions thinks we'll lose) , so f*** it , lets go there and be positive

kuipers

whing
butters
elphick
rents

robinson
hammond
o'call
Cox

Forster
Revell

but change it earlu , sav on wing if not working

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Christ on a bike, and to think that Wilkins gets slagged off for tinkering with the team.
3 changes after two poor performances doesn't seem too much to me. And they are logical ones - Savage is injured, Forster may or may not be fit but isn't playing well either way, Martot has been poor.

My thinking for the changes is that Rents is probably our best crosser, and can pass the ball, has played left midfield in the youth and reserves, probably a bit better ball player than he is defender (whereas Richards did little wrong defensively on Saturday but scuffed a few with the ball at his feet). Cox is naturally right footed, so won't have to always cut back if he is played on the right. Robinson has looked bright so far, him and Revell for a period last season looked like a good partnership, why not give it a go as clearly the current choices aren't doing much.

Ideally the midfield would a bit further forward, O'Callaghan likes to pick the ball up from deep but it doesn't get the best out of him in my opinion as he looks our best ball player by a distance.

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
The Token Carlisle United Fan
Kuipers
Whing Elphick Butters Rents
Cox Martot O'Callaghan Hammond
Revell/Elder Forster

Rents instead of Richards as he's the best crosser of the ball you have
Martot in the middle as he isn't a winger
Revell/Elder - who ever wins the thumb war

Last edited:

we are likley to be big underdogs and everyone (judging by predictions thinks we'll lose) , so f*** it , lets go there and be positive

kuipers

whing
butters
elphick
rents

robinson
hammond
o'call
Cox

Forster
Revell

Get's my vote :thumbsup:

However I expect he will play Richards at the expense of Rents. Would like to see Elder get a run out at some stage as well.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i think i would play a back 5 at the swans who are obviously one of the better teams in this league

think that would prove to be a massive mistake - when swansea played cheltenham, cheltenham went 1-0 up in the first half and then sat back and defended, and going forward swansea MASACRED them

if we are going to get anything there we have to attack, otherwise i fear we could be on the wrong end of a hiding

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
My extravagant 4-3-3, should win more balls in the air, and hopefully, give the Forster and Cox more chances. Robinson and Martot to come for Savage/Revell/Cox/Hammond if its not working.

Kuipers

Whing
Butters
Elphick
Rents

O'Callaghan
Hammond
Cox

Savage
Forster
Revell

Subs - Sullivan, El-Abd, Martot, Robinson, Elder (where has he gone off to?)

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood

kuipers

whing
butters
elphick
rents

robinson
hammond
o'call
Cox

Forster
Revell

Is the correct answer

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Why are people insistent we start with Kuipers after his display last game, he seems to have got off very lightly. If it were Henderson he would have been vilified, give Sullivan a chance

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't actually give a shit as long as they play like they mean it from the kickoff and don't fold with 10 mins to go

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Crystal Palace

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

kuipers

whing
butters
elphick
rents

robinson
hammond
o'call
Cox

Forster
Revell

I'd go for that too, although I may leave Richards in, after all he can't be as bad as S'day again otherwise he wouldn't be playing (sometims) for Ipswich and has played for U21s

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
16. Kuipers

2. Whing
14. Big Guy
24. Elphick
28. Richards

8. Revell
11. Hammond
10. O'Callaghan
7. Cox

9. Forster
21. Elder

6. El-Abd
13. Sullivan
17. Savage
18. Rents
19. Robinson

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Why are people insistent we start with Kuipers after his display last game, he seems to have got off very lightly. If it were Henderson he would have been vilified, give Sullivan a chance

You don't give keepers a 'chance'. You play them either (a) if they're ready and/or (b) when there is no other choice. The league is too important to mess about with something as important as an inexperienced keeper. (Yes, I know the one about 'well, how are they supposed to gain experience?') It's only one game, but I saw Sullivan play in the reserves last month. He was awful. Perhaps someone who see him more often can tell me it was only a blip.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if Sullivan plays against Barnet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here