Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What sport are we actually good at.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The world no 1 and champion at squash is english.

Would have said that myself, we do seem to excel at Squash nowadays, and of course, we are No. 1 in cricket, so two sports we are currently good at. I think we're pretty good on peddle bikes too?

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Golf - we have the world's number 1 and 2. Just because they can't stumble over the line in a major to save their lives it can't be taken away that they are 1 & 2 at the moment.......according to the rankings system that rewards consistency.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Golf - we have the world's number 1 and 2. Just because they can't stumble over the line in a major to save their lives it can't be taken away that they are 1 & 2 at the moment.......according to the rankings system that rewards consistency.

Guess that's the same as our ridiculous FIFA ranking of 4 last month. Win f*** all but were the 4th best team in the world. Golf is a good shout though.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Horse racing. Four of the seven Group One ie top class winners at Lonchamp on Arc day last weekend were trained in England. British-trained horses have also won tens of millions of pounds in prize money overseas in recent years, including races like the Breeders Cup Classic, the most valuable race of the year in the United States.
Ryan Moore, who's from Brighton, is just about the best jockey in the business too at the moment.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
F1. aside from the drivers, brits dominate the the garages, even Ferrari and other "foreign" teams have many brits.

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
Having lived 20 years abroad i've had to run the gauntlet, and we certainly cannot excuse ourselves for being a small nation!! We've had our moments but really for our population, we are bordering on pathetic and the only saving grace in the last few years has been our cricketers

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Do we still lead the world at British Bulldog? Hope so.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Rugby. One loss doesn't mean we're bad.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Are you really serious?

If you watch a lot of international football and if you had seen Portugal or Russia recently then at the moment england are far better than both of those. I do not for one minute believe either that any of the African teams you mention are better than England. Yes, we had a dissapointing second half against Montenegro last night but things are not rosey with all the other countries. France scraped to a 1-0 win over Faroe Islands not long ago, Serbia are third in their qualifying group.

Some peoples negativity and idioticness sometimes really does baffle me.

England are far better,until they meet them on the pitch then it falls apart !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here