Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What song do you turn off straight away in the car, radio, home etc

matildaseagull

Aug 12, 2003
Good Old Sussex
Queen, Level 42, Dire Straits, Bryan Adams, Phil Collins, Danii Minogue, Lighthouse Family, Coldplay .............. but most of all that bloody Rihanna Umbrella nonsense.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Phil Collins is a victim of his own success, he's been overplayed and hence people now hate him, much like Dire Straits and Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody.

I confess to liking Another Day in Paradise BUT he is very samey and he's made what seems like scores of records that sound similar and so they become irritating. He was in one of the great bands of the 70's when Peter Gabriel was lead singer, nobody can seriously suggest Genesis were shit then can they?

I agree,some of his solo songs that the local stations have played the shit out of are a bit tacky and it does become annoying, but some of his Genesis albums are immense.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Sandi Thom - I wish i was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair
Nizlopi - JCB song
and anything by Alicia Keys
Now thread closed

Last edited:

Phil Collins is a victim of his own success, he's been overplayed and hence people now hate him, much like Dire Straits and Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody.

I confess to liking Another Day in Paradise BUT he is very samey and he's made what seems like scores of records that sound similar and so they become irritating. He was in one of the great bands of the 70's when Peter Gabriel was lead singer, nobody can seriously suggest Genesis were shit then can they?

Genesis were remarkable the first time I saw them when they were 3rd on the bill under Lindisfarne and Rab Noakes at the Top Rank Suite (waits for northstandnorth to suggest I wasn't there). They got banned after that show (Top Rank were lame, but Genesis set off a magnesium bowl pyro-technic effect that was common, but not allowed with the Suite's low celings), but they played some good stuff then too; The Knife, Return of The Giant Hogweed etc.
'Foxtrot' put them on the map though, even though they were usually 2nd-billers at The Dome.
I ddin't care much for anything after that though, 'Selling England' I found disappointing, and Lamb Lies Down was awful to my ears.
By the time Collins led them, they were a joke band imo.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Anything By The Hoosier/Scouting For Girls, its all the same.:glare:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I ddin't care much for anything after that though, 'Selling England' I found disappointing, and Lamb Lies Down was awful to my ears.
By the time Collins led them, they were a joke band imo.

Selling England is my favourite Genesis album and I also liked the Collins led Wind and Wuthering but lost interest after that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here