Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what should they call the 4 stands at Falmer?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Stand up if you hate Palace Stand.
Stand up if you hate LDC Stand.
Stand up if you hate Archer Stand.
Stand up if you hate Bellotti Stand.

Now that would upset the stewards.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I was thinking that we could still honour the greats of the past or key people from the past at this club, like Charlie Webb or Peter Ward etc.., but not necessarily by naming stands after them, but in another way, such as statues / montage on a wall leading to the stadium?
This way they are still rightly remembered, but it gives the club the chance to make money from selling the naming rights for the stands

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I'll second the Goldstone End, behind one goal, unallocated seating. That's where I'd buy my season ticket.

Then the Reinelt Stand
The Gritt Stand (can't believe he hasn't got a mention)

Then sell the last one to the highest bidder to recoup some of the cash pumped into the place. This sort of thing is inevitable anyway...

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Seriously though, what about the following,
John Jackson Stand (Founder of Brighton and Hove Albion
Charles Webb (player and manager with longest tenure, also scored the goal to win the Charity shield)
Mike Bamber Stand (Goes without saying, Chairman who brought Clough to the Albion and kick started the glory years of 76 to 83)
Alan Mullery Stand ( Manager through most of the glory years)

Dick Knight will deserve some recognition but surely there will be hospitality suites etc where he could have his name along with some of the best players, eg McNichol from the 50s, The Wilson Suite in recognition of Glen and Joe long contribution to the club. The Ward Suite for obvious reasons.

In addition, the club should then add the sponsor for the naming rights etc.

On a lighter note, the Belloti suite could be the urinals and the Archer suite the ladies loo.

Quite like these ideas.

However, I'd personally plump for:

The Goldstone End (nearest stand pointing to Hove...if it's behind one of the goals).

Knight & Perry Stand

Downs End (nearest to the open downland?)

The Mike Bamber Stand

Hospitality suites named after Jackson, Webb, Wardy, Mullers etc.

Naming rights can go as they will (a necessary evil) but the above should be the official names and incorporated somewhere into the 'branded stands'.

e.g "The Knight & Perry Stand - sponsored by Harveys"
or "The Legal & General / Mike Bamber Stand"

(Think we should forget the North Stand idea...geographically inaccurate due to angle of stadium to compass and for a brand new set-up it is, quite frankly, a bit bland and unoriginal (The Goldstone End is an idea I had in my head for some time and already seems to be a popular suggestion on here...looks like it's a definate goer!)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
When I win millions and invest in the stadium, one part will be called The Deep End.

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
The Liberace Stand/ The Dale Winton End/ The Tatchell Terrace/ The Marc Almond Stand.

Toilets - Eltons John

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
I really don't give a shit what the stands are called.

However, "naming" the toilets is probably the wankest idea connected to the new stadium that I have heard so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here