Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what should they call the 4 stands at Falmer?

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
The Fairy Stand (after a lucrative tie up with the washing-up liquid company).
The Jeremy Beadle Stand (in homage to the great prankster).
The Andrei Kanchelskis Stand (to recognise the greatest ever Albion player).
The Andy Naylor Stand (to show our appreciation for all his efforts in securing our future).

Although they should name a stand 'The Hilter Stand' or 'NMH Stand' at the very least - I suggest we have a Sony Stand, a Hewlett Packard Stand, The Texaco Stand, and the Nike Stand.
Then there'll be the BIG SCREEN made and sponsored by Panasonic, the Concessions which will be Burger King and Domino's run, and the Tesco's Delicatessens.
There will also be t.v's at all concession outposts and toilets, so you don't miss any of the action.
The sound system brought to you by Toshiba, will capably handle announcements and acoustic resonance issues.
The seats will come with an advertisement window slot on the backs for local businesses to buy for periods, and electronic signs will surround the pitch - they will be adjoined so that they can have several separate - or interactive moving ads, which will be hired to airline companies and sports goods manufacturers.
The Roofs on the stands will have solar panels, but over them will be synthetic fabric that will let light through, but advertise MacDonalds, Jack In The Box, Dell, Hitachi, Virgin Atlantic, and Rok.
The floodlights by Samsung will be programmable to wave light across the pitch for when the team enter, or at half-time entertainments, and for the Gully Girls Cheerleaders brought to you by Fila - and be synchronizable with the sound system for a huge 'superdisco' effect at big events like concerts, olympic meetings, speeches and presentations.

The ground will be capable of being separated into two or four areas, for tennis or volleyball tournaments after the football season and celebrity exhibition games are over.

Richard Branson will be on-board within weeks, bringing on board his mates Sting and Paul McCartney to revel in the shares in this club of the future.

Why the F*** have this club not HIRED me before now, to sell these sponsorships?
We would have Falmer almost BUILT by now on the £££ I could rake in!

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
the ground is on a diagonal, so the stands can't REALLY be north,south,east,west surely?

the knight stand is a must, the rest will probably be whored out to the highest bidder, it could even be the something knight stand

i reckon most of the interior will be named after past players/managers, like the peter ward bar or the bobby zamora burger stand:mushy:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The point nearest Falmer Village should be called 'The Bad Smell'.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Peter Ward Stand will defo be one of them.

North stand is a must.

Pond end or falmer farmer shop end?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Sod the sentimental stuff, Have the Dick Knight Stand, because its down to this man almost single handedly that we still have a club to watch at Falmer.

The other 3 and the acctuall stadium names should go to who ever is going to offer the most money, even if it does mean we have the Majeed, Van Hoostagen (sp) and Belloti stands!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Charlie Webb Stand must surely be one of them.

I also think that Dick Knight deserves some recognition for bringing us so far.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Will there be a Gillingham-esque food outlet (Cascarino's).. Zamora's anybody?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here