Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what should I say if I see Leon Knight?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Within earshot of him whip out your mobile phone, phone your mate and say:

'Hey! You'll never guess who Swansea have got on their bench...

Gary Coleman! Gary f***ing Coleman! Yeah, that's right, the guy from diff'rent strokes! Do you think he'd mind if I asked for his autograph?'

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
garry nelsons left foot said:
Within earshot of him whip out your mobile phone, phone your mate and say:

'Hey! You'll never guess who Swansea have got on their bench...

Gary Coleman! Gary f***ing Coleman! Yeah, that's right, the guy from diff'rent strokes! Do you think he'd mind if I asked for his autograph?'
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :bowdown:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
hi Leon

How are you getting on at Swansea? Do you think the Swans will go up?

Of course you could be all bitter and twisted and not have moved on,like some people and call him a ***** ****

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Short memories, chaps?

Leon Knight admits he was ''absolutely delighted'' to see old club Brighton relegated this week - and has no regrets about joining Swansea City.

Plenty of footballers have watched on with glee as former sides have struggled, it is just not many confess to doing so in public. But Knight is different - an enigmatic character who has no qualms about shooting from the hip.

''It was terrific to see Brighton go down,'' says the diminutive frontman, who had a much-publicised falling out with Seagulls boss Mark McGhee before his cut-price move to Swansea.

''I've still got a few mates in the dressing room and I've been hearing a few things, but they can't really say anything now they are in the same league that I'm in.

''I was absolutely delighted that they got relegated. You cannot understand how happy I was.

''But I don't want to be playing them next season. Hopefully, we can leapfrog them as they come down.''

When Knight made the £125,000 switch to South Wales in January, that looked a very realistic prospect.

Even a few weeks back there remained a strong chance.

But, after a desperate Easter weekend, hopes of automatic promotion have now departed the Liberty Stadium, even if Swansea are still in with a shout mathematically.

Now the focus is firmly on clawing their way back into the top six, which looked for so long like being the least Kenny Jackett's men would achieve in this campaign.

With just three regular-season games to go, they desperately need a return to form at Oldham Athletic tomorrow.

And, for the first time in two months, Knight could get the chance to help them along in his preferred position from the start.

''Hopefully, I can get a game up front, cause a bit of confusion in their defence and get some efforts in on goal,'' he says.

''I've scored a few goals since I've been here and I just want a chance to improve my tally.''

One which is fairly impressive already.

Knight has made 20 appearances in a Swansea shirt so far, 10 of which have been from the bench.

To date, he has eight goals despite most of his recent run-outs coming in an accustomed wide role.

''When I first came here I had to feel my way into the team,'' the 23-year-old remembers.

''Then I scored a few goals and I thought someone who was scoring had to keep on starting.

''It was a bit weird when I dropped to the bench but I've got no complaints.

''The way I look at it, the lads who were here at the start of the season have got us to where we are and, even though we think we should be higher, it's only fair they get the first opportunity now.

''But we haven't been scoring a lot of goals lately and there are other strikers here who can do that. I think a bit of chopping and changing won't do any harm at all.''

The signs are that Knight could be paired with Rory Fallon this weekend.

Many fans would like to see the former Chelsea youngster sent out alongside Lee Trundle - as has happened just once so far - but Jackett seems loathe to go without one of his targetmen, Fallon or Bayo Akinfenwa.

''I think I could play with any of the three," adds Knight.

''Lee, Bayo and Rory all come and face up to the ball, whereas I'm the opposite. I don't think any of them naturally go in behind.''

Just like Knight does not naturally play on the wing, where he has so often been deployed in recent times.

''I'm not a wide player,'' he admits, ''but you can't argue. You just have to do what the manager asks and try to help the team create things.''

The challenge for Knight is to seize the chance which seems likely to come his way at Boundary Park so that Jackett cannot shunt him out to the flanks again.

Certainly someone in Swansea colours needs to take centre stage tomorrow after four defeats in five league matches.

''If we don't win then basically we can look forward to another season in League One,'' reckons Knight.

Whatever division Swansea are in, the skilful Londoner is already relishing the prospect.

''I've got no regrets about coming here. Why would I?

"We've won two cups and we've still got a chance of promotion this year. Next season, we'll start with a clean slate and I'll put pressure on to be first on the sheet for the striker's job.''

LEON DISMISSES BRIGHTON RETURN

Phil Blanche, WM, May 29 2006

LEON KNIGHT took another dig at old club Brighton after Swansea City's failure to win promotion guaranteed him Public Enemy No1 status at the Withdean Stadium next season.

Brighton's recent relegation from the Championship found favour with Knight, who left the South Coast in January after falling out with Seagulls boss Mark McGhee.

And, after branding Brighton's modest home a "shoebox," Knight knows he will have to run the gauntlet of angry home fans at the
Withdean next season.

"What all six thousand of them?" replied Knight when asked if he was looking forward to a tough League One reception at Brighton.

"I've had bigger fans than that on my back. I'm not bothered about them, they should be bothered about us because we'll steamroller them.

"They're not in our league when it comes to footballing ability, technical-wise. I've seen they've signed people like Richard Carpenter and Charlie Oatway again - players who are ancient history. We'll go there with fresh players and be too good for them."

Knight believes Swansea are capable of regrouping and making a strong promotion push next season. "We were top of the league at Christmas, so next year we've just got to hold that and maintain a run of winning games," said the 23-year-old Londoner.

"We'll probably have some better players coming in, so I think we've got a great chance. There's a few good clubs coming down so the league should be interesting. But I know we can hold our own because I played against a few of those clubs who came down this season.

"There was always a risk I wouldn't be going back to the Championship when I came here. But I signed a three-year contract and I'm looking to score goals next season and push for promotion again."

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
But this perpetual , leon knight this and leon knight that is getting tiresome.

he left last year...gone...finito.....never to be seen again....

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Dies Irae said:

But it's only because he's been "tiresome" enough to wish ill upon his old club and its predicament when he'd just signed for a new one. Screw the tossy little c*nt.

But if people want to applaud him for his past efforts for us when we play Swansea, it's a free country. I probably won't join in.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Dies Irae said:

Exactamondo!

FFS this leon shit is sooooo boring.

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
How bout 'cheers Leon for getting us promotion sorry our former manager. All the best' would it kill you?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Or how about well done on your goals last night, my club needs a player like you ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here