Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What should I do about the racist idiot at work?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Put laxative in his tea.

Well, if he's spouting shit from his mouth he might as well, erm, you know.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Assuming you work for a reasonably large organisation then there should be a policy for dealing with this including a confidential way to raise this.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Did he use the 'Paki' word ?

You are a gutless creep if you even have to ask.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
Report him to my boss?

Report him anonymously (via letter)?

Confront him personally?

Do nothing?

PS - he is a supervisor.

you are protected by law for whistleblowing in these circumstances i believe - however ... what proof do you have? you need to make a record of when he makes comments otherwise the severity of action from HR could me minimal, especially if the perpetrator is pally with the head of HR.

i was reading about this in the law Q&A in Personnel Today and thought it was in this weeks but i've checked and it's alcohol & drug testing - if anybody has any questions on that though ...

whoop whoop

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Assuming you work for a reasonably large organisation then there should be a policy for dealing with this including a confidential way to raise this.

should be a procedure. Find out and report them. DON'T just shrug your shoulders and let them think they are clever or somehow "representative" of "the silent majority". It is the majority being silent that allows a very small minority to get away with abuse:flameboun

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
you are protected by law for whistleblowing in these circumstances i believe - however ... what proof do you have? you need to make a record of when he makes comments otherwise the severity of action from HR could me minimal, especially if the perpetrator is pally with the head of HR.

i was reading about this in the law Q&A in Personnel Today and thought it was in this weeks but i've checked and it's alcohol & drug testing - if anybody has any questions on that though ...

whoop whoop

I don't want to get him sacked, or even disciplined really. I just want him to stop making these bone-headed comments because it is really starting to piss me off.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Tell him your wife's black. That usually brings them out in a lovely shade of crimson and it'll put him in his place.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Why not just tell him to stop making those bone-headed comments because it's really starting to piss you off? :thumbsup:

ps Did you see what I did there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here