Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Nothing, It Will Be Overlooked

Votes: 9 16.7%

• Total voters

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Bwian said:
Their Olympic bid should be tossed in the garbage. How a country can expect to host the Olympics after 2 totally disgraceful nights of racist abuse is beyond me.

That'll never happen because the IOC is one of the most corrupt Sports Bodies on the planet-correction; THE Most Corrupt.

Let's not beat around the bush here-if it happened in England there'd be a shitload of countries falling over each other to be first to lodge their complaints. Fecking Spaniards will get away with it:angry:

I fear you're right Bwian. IOC, UEFA, they're all a bunch of tossers.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
hit them where it hurts,in the pocket.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
A heavy fine, with a warning that a recurrence will lead to a points deduction and ultimately disqualification.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Let me repeat it again - Nothing will happen because England have a history of doing the exact same, in very recent times. You get what you give.

Last edited:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
MYOB said:
Ahem. England is bidding for the Olympics as well and has done the same or worse (based on my intrepration of the BBC reports and my own memory of the Lansdowne riots).....

Not making excuses for Lansdowne Rd, BUT that is history. Nowadays people, countries or whatever cannot get away with it.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Brixtaan said:
hit them where it hurts,in the pocket.

That won't stop them though because the fans don't pay the fines.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
i dont feel the team itself should be banned because its just a small minority of stupid twats who call themselves 'fans'. behind closed doors i think. i mean its the same as when we were threatened to be kicked out the euros because of pitch invasions by some burberry-clad idiots. how annoyed would u feel if they had cost us a place?

i just hope the spanish fa will use cctv/cameras to point out as many of these idiots as possible and ban them from attending mactes. if this could be done then great but i dont know how well they can spot these people.

Totally agree. Remember when Barry Hearn wanted Brightonteam to be penalised because two idiots ran onto the pitch in our match against Leyton Orient years ago. Hardly the team's fault, nor that of the rest of the crowd.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Fran Hagarty said:
Totally agree. Remember when Barry Hearn wanted Brightonteam to be penalised because two idiots ran onto the pitch in our match against Leyton Orient years ago. Hardly the team's fault, nor that of the rest of the crowd.

That's rubbish! That was two people. This was hundreds and hundreds. It takes a lot of racists to make that much noise. And hitting the team IS THE ONLY way they'll begin to change. This is serious serious shit.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
eastlondonseagull said:
That's rubbish! That was two people. This was hundreds and hundreds. It takes a lot of racists to make that much noise. And hitting the team IS THE ONLY way they'll begin to change. This is serious serious shit.

Hundreds out of thousands. Still a minority. Why should the team and the majority suffer? I'm certainly not condoning it, it was disgusting and upsetting to hear and I feel really sorry for the players who were being so disgracefully singled out by some of the Spanish spoctators. Certainly something needs to be done but, whatever it is, it is very unlikely to change the racist attitude of the perpetrators. If only they could be singled out and prevented from attending further matches rather than penalising all those not involved. Unlikely to happen though.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I just don't think you can compare the two incidents in any way, Fran. Yes, it was a minority, but a big minority. This was mass-racism, and the only way the national side will stop it is if the national side as a whole is punished.

Tbh, if England fans had been that bad tonight, and we were banned, I'd say fair cop. The idiots would be rounded on and it might eventually stop. The innocent fans have to suffer, sadly.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
eastlondonseagull said:
I just don't think you can compare the two incidents in any way, Fran. Yes, it was a minority, but a big minority. This was mass-racism, and the only way the national side will stop it is if the national side as a whole is punished.

Tbh, if England fans had been that bad tonight, and we were banned, I'd say fair cop. The idiots would be rounded on and it might eventually stop. The innocent fans have to suffer, sadly.

I see where you're coming from. I just seems to me it would be unfair, but I guess life is unfair!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
errrrr were you lot all calling for England to be chucked out of Euro 2004 after that Turkey game. In fact in all the run up to the tournament everyone was moaning about how we get singled out, then when English people were fighting police in Portugal UEFA were very sensible and decided they weren't England fans.

Fine them and warn them.....cos that's what would happen to us, contrary to what people seem to think.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
How about Fifa treat Spain in the same way they did England after our fans smashed the shit out of Lansdowne Road after we played Ireland a few years ago?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Albion Dan said:
How about Fifa treat Spain in the same way they did England after our fans smashed the shit out of Lansdowne Road after we played Ireland a few years ago?

And do sweet f*** all, you mean?

Any punishment you got was not amongst the over reactionary ones being mentioned here - Yorkies ban suggestion, etc. I can't remember what, if anything FIFA did, about a riot that left a police officer in a coma for nearly a year, destroyed the away end of the national stadium, etc, etc...

Little Piggy

Oct 27, 2003
Ireland
MYOB said:
And do sweet f*** all, you mean?

Any punishment you got was not amongst the over reactionary ones being mentioned here - Yorkies ban suggestion, etc. I can't remember what, if anything FIFA did, about a riot that left a police officer in a coma for nearly a year, destroyed the away end of the national stadium, etc, etc...

Christ, I get enough of this every day. At the risk of doing a Boris Johnson, I've never been in such a sorry "Ooh we are all victims" country as Ireland before*, there is always someone to moan about. Some girl in the pub the other day was whingeing at me that Henry VIII broke up the catholic faith and I should accept some responsibility for that as we have ruined the country? This girl was only 19 and I think it is sad. The youth of today should be forward thinking and adventurous. :shootself

I live now and for the future, not to gripe about the past!

*Apart from this small point I LOVE the place

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Err, we are pretty much the most shat on country ever - 800 years is more than any other country was occupied for

We're gonna keep at it till we get a proper apology from the monarchy of the UK. Same way English people will get dewy eyed about 1966 until you actually win the WC again.

Little Piggy

Oct 27, 2003
Ireland
Sorry man, I don't mean to be sharp like that but it touched a nerve a little. I am a genuinely good person (I think!) and I do not deserve to be spoken to like I am sometimes here. It is hurtful sometimes, people you meet who seem genuinely nice and chatty tell you straight out after a few minutes that they hate the English. I don't deserve that, as I say I didn't, and I don't know of, anyone who occupied Ireland, I think they are all dead now. I just want to make my own way in life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here