Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Banned from World Cup.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
a really heavy fine , with all the proceeds going to the "kick rasicm out of football" fund

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Braders7 said:
a really heavy fine , with all the proceeds going to the "kick rasicm out of football" fund

Fines are no good because the fans don't pay. Therefore they have no incentive to stop.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
They should be fined or made to play their next game behind closed-doors, sadly I fear that nothing will happen at all, as we all know UEFA/FIFA combined have less spine than a jelly-fish.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It would be nice to think there would be a points deduction but absolutely nothing will happen.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
i dont feel the team itself should be banned because its just a small minority of stupid twats who call themselves 'fans'. behind closed doors i think. i mean its the same as when we were threatened to be kicked out the euros because of pitch invasions by some burberry-clad idiots. how annoyed would u feel if they had cost us a place?

i just hope the spanish fa will use cctv/cameras to point out as many of these idiots as possible and ban them from attending mactes. if this could be done then great but i dont know how well they can spot these people.

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Would like to see them thrown out of World Cup, but it will probably be a fine

What should have happened is the referee should have abandoned the game.

However unlikely this was, though, it was almost certainly ruled out by the bad tempered performance of some of the England players towards the end of the first half.

No doubt the stories in tomorrow's papers will be about racism and Rooney. The third story (the inept, inert performance) will be overlooked.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Lord Bracknell said:
What should have happened is the referee should have abandoned the game.

However unlikely this was, though, it was almost certainly ruled out by the bad tempered performance of some of the England players towards the end of the first half.

No doubt the stories in tomorrow's papers will be about racism and Rooney. The third story (the inept, inert performance) will be overlooked.

Agree with you LB, but I get the feeling that you are slightly miffed with the performance which was as you say inept. I personally dont hold anything against any of the England players tonight as I think they played in a totally unplayable atmosphere. The players were justifiably very angry with the abuse that was being hurled at certain individuals and as we know, in the majority of sports anger is your own worst enemy. You can say that they shouldnt have let it get to them but lets face it, who wouldnt it have effected??

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Nothing will happen to Spain the same way nothing happened to England after the FIASCO in Lansdowne.

I haven't seen what happened with Spain yet but I guess it was equal to or less than what happened in Lansdowne - England fans refering to the Irish as "dumb paddy *****" and throwing seats....

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Which was, BTW, another friendly England went 1-0 down in early due to playing shambolically and reacted to very nastily, both fans and players; mainly the fans though.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Their Olympic bid should be tossed in the garbage. How a country can expect to host the Olympics after 2 totally disgraceful nights of racist abuse is beyond me.

That'll never happen because the IOC is one of the most corrupt Sports Bodies on the planet-correction; THE Most Corrupt.

Let's not beat around the bush here-if it happened in England there'd be a shitload of countries falling over each other to be first to lodge their complaints. Fecking Spaniards will get away with it:angry:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Bwian said:
Their Olympic bid should be tossed in the garbage. How a country can expect to host the Olympics after 2 totally disgraceful nights of racist abuse is beyond me.

That'll never happen because the IOC is one of the most corrupt Sports Bodies on the planet-correction; THE Most Corrupt.

Let's not beat around the bush here-if it happened in England there'd be a shitload of countries falling over each other to be first to lodge their complaints. Fecking Spaniards will get away with it:angry:

Ahem. England is bidding for the Olympics as well and has done the same or worse (based on my intrepration of the BBC reports and my own memory of the Lansdowne riots).....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here