Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what price promotion?

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
it's a tricky conundrum for the club, leaving aside extra capacity they will have 4 home games less and consequently 4 x match day revenue less.

It's not as if we don't sell out now and by being in the PL we will sell out every match which counteracts the drop in games + brings in more match day revenue. Reading as an example don't sell out now but will if they get promoted & not only that they will split the away end in 1/2 so they can sell more home tickets.

So i would expect an increase to offset the loss of match day revenue and perhaps a small increase in food & drink prices as well.

Away tickets @TheAmex should have a steep increase!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
30% at most , paid for my Season tickets earlier and kind've hoping it's not alot more then that.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
it's a tricky conundrum for the club, leaving aside extra capacity they will have 4 home games less and consequently 4 x match day revenue less.

It's not as if we don't sell out now and by being in the PL we will sell out every match which counteracts the drop in games + brings in more match day revenue. Reading as an example don't sell out now but will if they get promoted & not only that they will split the away end in 1/2 so they can sell more home tickets.

So i would expect an increase to offset the loss of match day revenue and perhaps a small increase in food & drink prices as well.

Away tickets @TheAmex should have a steep increase!

Can't charge away fans more...
I believe that if we go up (saints) we'll be looking at a 25% increase, should you go up I would probably expect a similar jump for you as well.

So your club support is all about money, not mine. Mine is not conditional of the price being right.

And putting the price up equals more "plastics" does it? I wouldn't pay a bean to watch any other Premiership team, whether I lived near there or not. Either you support (or have a soft spot for) the Albion or you don't.

I would happily pay £1500 a year to watch the Albion in the Prem.

Can't see what the problem with that is.

You must have a very good job then.

I could not and would not try and justify that amount of money.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Got to be at least a 25% increase surely. That would still only mean I was paying 25 nicker for a premiership match. Cheaper than many grounds.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
So your club support is all about money, not mine. Mine is not conditional of the price being right.

And putting the price up equals more "plastics" does it? I wouldn't pay a bean to watch any other Premiership team, whether I lived near there or not. Either you support (or have a soft spot for) the Albion or you don't.

I would happily pay £1500 a year to watch the Albion in the Prem.

Can't see what the problem with that is.

That's £78.95 per game.

We'd have a two thirds empty stadium!

Anything over 10% and i would jack in the ticket tbo, the premiership is the only place that gate money is not a priority income source,don't want to end up like bolton,blackburn with loads of empty seats.
I sure my ticket would be taken up by a plastic who leaves early won't sing and won't turn up for the wigan type games :down:

Jan 30, 2008
I don't. I really don't.

:sob: :sob:

Look guys I'm not saying its right, justifiable or in any way correct to be charged £80 per game or £1500 per year to watch footy.

Never the less I still would pay it. (but only for the Albion it should be said)

Same as if I moved 350 miles away I would still go to the games.

I just would do it. Genuinely sorry of anybody thinks I'm a "dick" or a "mug" for thinking this. It's my life, my opinion and my money and that's really about that.

Not that I don't value the opinion of those on NSC. Really enjoy this board. Every time I post I get nailed to the wall. It's quite therapeutic.
footy :rolleyes:

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Can't charge away fans more...
I believe that if we go up (saints) we'll be looking at a 25% increase, should you go up I would probably expect a similar jump for you as well.

You can if they have the cheapest tickets in the ground! Our current match day prices are £24 for away fans & £30 for home fans. There would be home tickets between £24 - £30 if they weren't already sold out to STH's, but nonetheless we are giving away fans a good deal.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Double what I'm paying now.

Maybe even triple.

To see the Seagulls in the Prem. Really money cannot buy that sort of thing.

f*** that.

As much as I would love to see us play the big boys in the Prem I wouldn't go OTT with the price.

Unfortunately if the price did go up ridiculous amounts I would probably just not go. :nono:

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
You must have a very good job then.

I could not and would not try and justify that amount of money.

Not especially well paid if I'm honest.

Would just prioritise my spending to allow me to keep going to the Amex.

As I have said its a personal choice an what I would pay, not think I should pay.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Unfortunately if the price did go up ridiculous amounts I would probably just not go. :nono:
Exactly , And I never thought I'd say that but if it's beyond my price range I'd have to let go.

Well our club isn't going to be the way-cheapest in the league just to be nice, and then field an under-strength squad on the back of "we are the underdogs here to giant-kill on League 1 wages".
So, I would imagine our club would put the tickets up about 17.5% (about the price of a pint of beer, for most seats)

The extra seats would need putting in too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here