Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what price promotion?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I consider my seat in the North Stand to be an absolute bargain at £400. Equally sure that any price increase the club may be thinking of levying will still make it a bargain.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
People like me. Who would pay a premium to watch a team they LOVE in the best division in the world.

Can see how that ruins football mate. Good point. Well done.

But we will be in a relegation dogfight and there are less games - theres a limit before prices get crazy. I mean, were not United challenging for the title and famous worldwide (yet), so why charge prices like that. With a higher price people might expect higher things, and be disappointed if we lose 4 games in a row for example.

Some people can just afford what it is now, not everyone has a huge amount of money and if the club raises prices too high they may drive out lifelong fans which would be replaced by some JCLs - possibly ruining the atmosphere each game.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Fine if you can afford it, I couldn't and you might find a few less sitting around you

Absolutely a fair point mate.

It's just what I would pay.

Was only answering the question.

Personally I would hate to see a big price increase cause the idea that this prices people who would want to go out of attending is tragic.

Jan 30, 2008
So your club support is all about money, not mine. Mine is not conditional of the price being right.

And putting the price up equals more "plastics" does it? I wouldn't pay a bean to watch any other Premiership team, whether I lived near there or not. Either you support (or have a soft spot for) the Albion or you don't.

I would happily pay £1500 a year to watch the Albion in the Prem.

Can't see what the problem with that is.
of course you can't, you're so selfish you wouldn't :rolleyes:

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
But we will be in a relegation dogfight and there are less games - theres a limit before prices get crazy. I mean, were not United challenging for the title and famous worldwide (yet), so why charge prices like that. With a higher price people might expect higher things, and be disappointed if we lose 4 games in a row for example.

Some people can just afford what it is now, not everyone has a huge amount of money and if the club raises prices too high they may drive out lifelong fans which would be replaced by some JCLs - possibly ruining the atmosphere each game.

There is no guarantee of a relegation dogfight. We may just do OK (if it happens)

Agree entirely thy pricing fans out of football is never a good thing.

The question was what would you pay, not what do you think you should pay.

And I would pay 1500, and stand by that.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Hopefully the club will do the sensible thing - either keep ticket prices as they are now (so +25% per game) or a small increase (5-10% max). This will all be balanced against a 25% increase in capacity, additional payments from TV, other Premier League financial perks and parachute payments as and when we are relegated again.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Hopefully the club will do the sensible thing - either keep ticket prices as they are now (so +25% per game) or a small increase (5-10% max). This will all be balanced against a 25% increase in capacity, additional payments from TV, other Premier League financial perks and parachute payments as and when we are relegated again.

If they can get the ticket exchange set up they'd probably see a bump in revenue as well. They'd probably take a percentage (so selling a ticket twice) and would likely see a modest increase in revenue from food, drink, programmes etc... Don't forget the increase in merch sales as well as more people pay attention.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
There is no guarantee of a relegation dogfight. We may just do OK (if it happens)

Agree entirely thy pricing fans out of football is never a good thing.

The question was what would you pay, not what do you think you should pay.

And I would pay 1500, and stand by that.

So your saying you would pay just short of £80 a home game Just to watch the team you 'LOVE'.

£80 a ticket to watch Brighton at the 'community stadium' thats why footballs gone bad, people paying through the roof for over inflated prices to watch football in the so called 'BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD'. Id be honestly outraged at the people running the club. not many people could afford that or would IMO be prepared to pay it.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
To see the Seagulls in the Prem. Really money cannot buy that sort of thing.
Very much disagree with this. The division we're in doesn't make one iota of difference to me and I'd still be there if we were in Sussex Sunday league division 4

Jan 30, 2008
So your saying you would pay just short of £80 a home game Just to watch the team you 'LOVE'.

£80 a ticket to watch Brighton at the 'community stadium' thats why footballs gone bad, people paying through the roof for over inflated prices to watch football in the so called 'BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD'. Id be honestly outraged at the people running the club. not many people could afford that or would IMO be prepared to pay it.
mate, he's obviously got no one who loves him :D

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
So your club support is all about money, not mine. Mine is not conditional of the price being right.

And putting the price up equals more "plastics" does it? I wouldn't pay a bean to watch any other Premiership team, whether I lived near there or not. Either you support (or have a soft spot for) the Albion or you don't.

I would happily pay £1500 a year to watch the Albion in the Prem.

Can't see what the problem with that is.

It alright taking that attitude if you can afford it. But how many of us can? £1500 a year would be more than double that I could afford to pay. I fear that we will lose one hell of a lot of proper fans if the hike in prices goes too high. If no one paid the over inflated prices, clubs wouldn't be able to charge that much.

It certainly does not make you less of a supporter, if you can't afford to pay it.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
mate, he's obviously got no one who loves him :D

I don't. I really don't.

:sob: :sob:

Look guys I'm not saying its right, justifiable or in any way correct to be charged £80 per game or £1500 per year to watch footy.

Never the less I still would pay it. (but only for the Albion it should be said)

Same as if I moved 350 miles away I would still go to the games.

I just would do it. Genuinely sorry of anybody thinks I'm a "dick" or a "mug" for thinking this. It's my life, my opinion and my money and that's really about that.

Not that I don't value the opinion of those on NSC. Really enjoy this board. Every time I post I get nailed to the wall. It's quite therapeutic.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If we go up I really hope we take a Blackpool/Swansea/Norwich/West Brom approach to the division and not blow stupid money on massive wages. We should be able to build a competitive side on a sensible budget. If we go down so be it, we will be 100 times better off than if we blow a load of money on "Stars" such as QPR.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Your a complete DICK then.

if the club want to take the piss like that, they can do one and welcome all the plastics through the door, but im not being mugged off just because we got promoted.

£60 DD would be my max, even then id be reluctent to pay it and expect it.

The gai is just expressing his undying love of the club.

So grow up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here