Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Postions do you think there are left to fill?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I guess we'll have to offload COG and/or Colunga before signing 2 (rather than 1) new strikers...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Essential :

1 striker
1 winger
1 central defender
1 central attacking midfielder

Then :

1) Sell O'Grady and bring in another striker.

2) Sell Chicksen as 9 defenders is too many ( and Rosenior can be 2nd choice left back ). Replace him in the squad with another winger.

Get high quality for the above 6 players, and we'll have a great season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A speedy wide man is the most needed. As regards off loading some I said that a couple of weeks ago and was slated as we signed Rosenior and Bong but I was told it a few weeks ago. We shall just have to wait and see what happens.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This Argus headline implies that CH's happy with the squad, whereas the contents state that he's happy with the condition the players are in (singling out the new toned Danny Holla). It'd be nice if The Argus' headline writers could recognise that certain words have multiple meanings, and exercise caution when writing them, but I'm not entirely convinced that language is The Argus' greatest strength.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/13418792.Hughton_hails_the_shape_of_his_squad/

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This Argus headline implies that CH's happy with the squad, whereas the contents state that he's happy with the condition the players are in (singling out the new toned Danny Holla). It'd be nice if The Argus' headline writers could recognise that certain words have multiple meanings, and exercise caution when writing them, but I'm not entirely convinced that language is The Argus' greatest strength.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/13418792.Hughton_hails_the_shape_of_his_squad/

Whereas this article states that he's only halfway through getting his new signings.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/13418793.Albion_halfway_there_with_signings/?ref=twt

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Indeed. Hughton says we lost 8 and have only brought in 4.

Walton is still to go, but Rea has been brought in.

4 more to come then.

Or 5 if we ship out O'Grady...

Or 6 if we also move on Chicksen or someone else from the squad...

Or 7 if we also move on Clunge

Or 8 if we take the Dunk money or his head is turned

How many of those could be loans? Hopefully not more than 2.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Or 7 if we also move on Clunge

Or 8 if we take the Dunk money or his head is turned

How many of those could be loans? Hopefully not more than 2.

I think Best was loaned in to replace Colunga last year, and is already counted in the lost 8.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
5 more to come i think. Harper was wrapped up on Tuesday so if Hughton said 5 more last night i don't think that would be inlcluding Harper. Harper would make it 6 which i think would be right.

1 CB
2 Wingers
1 CAM
1 Striker

Chicksen, COG, Colunga to go.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
2/3 Centre Backs. We only have ONE Centre Back good enough for the starting 11 and he might be off.
1/2 Wingers

That would probably do me, maybe a Tex/Lingard style Prem loan creative CAM as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here