Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What players have been (almost) 100% popular?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sure, by the end his level of ability had dropped off the cliff and clearly he wasn't up to playing league 1 football but I don't think that made him unlikable. I thought someone would mention the end of his career here, but I still think he's a worthy mention in this thread.

It was mainly due to his playing every position on the field except keeper. He was a good striker before he broke his leg, and didn't do too badly after that but successive managers messed him around. I don't think anyone doubted his work rate.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Peter O'Sullivan - don'tvrecall hearing ANYONEbad mouthuig his contributions

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It was mainly due to his playing every position on the field except keeper. He was a good striker before he broke his leg, and didn't do too badly after that but successive managers messed him around. I don't think anyone doubted his work rate.

If anyone did they want slapping in the face. It's funny how the players moved around by managers tend not to thrive, the Adam Virgo thread recently posted being a good example. I don't think even he knew his best position, all things considered.

mattislost

Dec 12, 2011
Not by the end of his time here, the last two seasons or so a number of fans were questioning why he was here and was a waste of wages.

agreed. i never rated him. at the end of every season when they were clearing out all the old dead wood i was certain his time would be up. i'm amazed we kept hold of him as long as we did

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Mark Gall!

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
I'm sure withdean wanderer has started a slating thread about every player mentioned??

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
agreed. i never rated him. at the end of every season when they were clearing out all the old dead wood i was certain his time would be up. i'm amazed we kept hold of him as long as we did

"Never rated him". Didn't go to Gillingham, then? Was class for us, especially under Micky Adams. As soon as he started being dropped back into midfield, then right back, his days were numbered. When he did eventually get a run up front again, under Slade, he produced the goods for Owusu and that should never be forgotten.

True Brighton and Hove Albion legend.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
KURT NOGAN.... (2 unlimited...No ...no...no)

Nogan had a fairly unimpressive start at the Albion. When he finally fired, a few people thought he was more a lucky striker than an out and out good one.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here