Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Planet are Hart & Hawes on?

Ahem ;
The whole point was started by the suggestion that some people including DK prefer we go to the playoffs. I say there is no reason why 'languishing' is better for us than success in the league, and that goes right to the Prem. In other words, I AM NOT in favour of languishing in reality or concept, in any division, and there's no reason why we shouldn't keep going for the grand prize.

The correlation with Falmer and fans is this; The more people in Brighton City who are fans of the Albion, or have family members and friends who are - then the better it is for numerical opinion to the council. They are 'supposed' to represent the people of the City, and the best things to put ours on the National map . The more of their constituents support The Albion, the more pressure on them to get smart and support the building of a Stadium facility .... for the people they represent.

I hope that's put simply enough now.

Last edited:

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
I think there is a more serious point here that needs to be adressed by the FA, it seems utterly ridiculous to me that the champions of any division should be financially disadvantaged by not playing in the playoffs, in my opinion all gate reciepts from the final at millstad/wembley should be split as follows.

75% to the chapions
25% to the runners up

the competing clubs should just get receipts from semi-finals

I know it will never happen but at the moment the system is a disgrace :angry: :angry:

I agree with biscuit. It would be nice if we could go to the millenium stadium (which is fantastic!) in the playoff finals and so we could promote the club, our bid for Falmer and not to mention the revenue the club would get.

I think Hart ment to say it would be better for the club if we did WIN the play off finals then go up automatically. But of course, we all want Brighton to go up as CHAMPIONS!!!!:clap2:

Personally, I didn't think we would do well this season so even loosing in the playoff final would be great for me.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Erm B, do you really mean this......"Personally, I didn't think we would do well this season so even loosing in the playoff final would be great for me"...........?!!!!!!!!!!

Losing at Cardiff would be terrible!!!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think u will find no correlation statistically between clubs playing at the millenium stadium and increases in attendance the proceeding weeks, months.

Bromley shrimp said:
Ian Hart claimed on SCR after today's game that the best thing that could happen this season would be for 30,000 Albion people to go to Cardiff for a day out in the play-offs to show how much support there is for the club.

Anyway, why should we give a toss for showing how much support there is for the club, other than turning the screws on the local council jobbies to get their fat lazy fingers out and get with the present situation in our 'CITY' that has NO SPORTS FACILITY representing the future health and entertainment of Brightonians . A cricket ground, dog track, horse track and squash club for an area like ours is pathetic, not funny but basically laughable. A quick look at BHAFC history shows that we have access to a lot of local interest, and that hasn't diminished any more than has general attention in our No.1 National Sport .

THAT my friends is a cause for some ire, and questioning toward our so-called 'governing body'.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Lots of opinions, just how it should be, I still don't think Bromley actually got the gist of what I meant but never mind.
Perhaps he'd, and anyone else for that matter, like to join me on the SCR phone-in after the Boro game on Wednesday.

Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Erm B, do you really mean this......"Personally, I didn't think we would do well this season so even loosing in the playoff final would be great for me"...........?!!!!!!!!!!

Losing at Cardiff would be terrible!!!

I honestly feel that loosing at Cardiff would be better than finishing at mid table obscurity.

However, I do want us to go up, whichever way it takes us!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
BrightonBird said:
I honestly feel that loosing at Cardiff would be better than finishing at mid table obscurity.

However, I do want us to go up, whichever way it takes us!

There is no excuse for spelling "losing" wrong when the guy before you spelt it right. Sorry but it's the moat annoying spelling mistake in the world!!

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Harty, Yes I'd love to have a chat on Wed. I am prepared to accept that I may have mis-interpreted some of what you said (and have said as much previously), but I don't think I am that wide of the mark, so it would be a good opportunity to clear things up.

I'm not going to 'Boro, but havn't managed to work out how to
get SCR on the internet, although about 2 seasons ago I managed it all the time. Any clues as to the Web Address so that I can tune in and keep up with the match and live debate afterwards?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Seagulls World...

You now have to pay to listen to the Albion if you're exiled. :nono:

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Thanks Turkey, for confirming what I'd half expected to be the case.

A lot of people went on about AMS membership (£5 or £10) being a rip off. Whilst I don't subscribe to that view point, I'm not prepared to stum up £30, I believe it is, to go on the site that you mentioned. Although I guess this is very much a minority thing, it's nonetheless annoying and inconvenient for those affected.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hmmmm.

Seems to me nobody is saying they'd rather do the play offs instead of automatic promotion. Obviously we'd rather go straight up.

But there are no guarantees of finishing in the top two, so if we happened to finish 3rd-6th we'd then all want to go to Cardiff, surely.

It's crap for the losing team as we well know, but the high of winning the play off final must be pretty special.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I agree with Harty here, the long term future of the club is the priority at the oment and a the play off final would be a very big factor in ensuring that the kids start watching the albion, even if we did lose the final i think it would still be a good thing, winning it would be the ideay way to go up IMHO.

Plus i reckon we would rock the Millenium stadium to its foundations and we could all kip at the Laughing Bluebirds gaff!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here