Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What moped did you own ?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
That exhaust would have burnt the shit off you if you came off!

Tell me about it. Was a great moped though. A lot of my mates bought Yamaha sixteeners. Some had Puch Maxis.

I graduated on to a Suzuki GT250. Never bothered passing a motor cycle test. Don't think I would go back to bikes now. I am relieved that neither of my sons shared the same fascination with bikes that I had.

Wickerman

Aug 24, 2011
Horam
Fizzie>CB250>CB500T>CB400F>CB1000 Goldwing>Gap of 32 Years>Harley 1200 Custom Sportster> Mid life crisis............. :-(

I can't remember what make it was but I had one in the 60's. I sold my drum kit to play for it on the basis that being able to get from Hassocks to Brighton with my own transport would give me a better chance of finding girls than playing the drums in a friend's house.

This decision explains why you will never heard of Ben Nevis and the Summitts, we disbanded to leave the field free for the Beatles.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
A bright yellow Mobylette, complete with front basket, (It was a present!). Followed by a C50 Honda, (Which I rode illegally as it was not actually a moped as it didn't have pedals), and then a fizzy.
After I passed my test I had a three bikes! A brand new Yamaha DT250LC, a rough old Suzuki X7 and my darling KH250. Those were the days.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
A Puch Maxi, just like this
220px-Puch_Maxi_.JPG

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Ditto - I had one of these with a blue tank, unrestricted so used to get 50mph out of it as opposed to the restricted mopeds that only did about 35mph. Changed up to a Suzuki A100 before progressing onto cars. Both were great little bikes - preferred the AP50 to the Fizzys, sounded more like a motorbike unlike the Fizzys which sounded like an angry wasp! :D

They all had a blue tank didnt they? SS50 for me. My record speed on it was 38mph down by Waterhall, flat on the tank.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
You think so? I just laugh when i see bell-ends flying round on those things thinking they are f***ing Valentino Rossi

The most embarrassing mode of transport over created in my opinion. They even beat roller blades
my current embarrassing bike
first one was a yamaha FS1e

Attachments

• xmax-250.jpg
    xmax-250.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 7

brightonbaz

Feb 22, 2009
Red mobylette for me.....used to put it on the centre stand....rev the bollox off it then push it off the stand to do a wheelie!!

Then Suzuki X1 then TS 100 (had this about 3 weeks then piston rings broke) was on my X1 (hadn't had time to sell it) and was going to work on it when I tee boned a mini in Carden Avenue - this put me off bikes so got a mk3 cortina.......but couldnt resist a bike so years later Honda XL125, Honda VF400, Yamaha XJ750, Suzuki 650 Katana, Suzuki RF600 and now YZF 600.....

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is there anywhere in Sussex where you can hire and ride off-road bikes? This thread has got me thinking about 2 wheels again.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
A gold and white Yamaha FS1E

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here