Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What moped did you own ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Had a Kawasaki AR50 on my sixteenth birthday - I paid for it by doing 2 paper-rounds and working every staurday in the local greengrocers for 2 years as my parents made the mistake of telling me when I was 14 that I could only have one if I paid for it thinking I'd never raise the £600 needed!

images

I remember some lengthy discussions with my family as well esp when I got my off-road bike when I was about 13-14. I had a paper round and I used to work in The Coach House Rottingdean. Eventually I saved enough to get my DT50.

D

Deleted member 2719

Big time! Up to 2k for a wreck you can then restore. Restoration of 79/80/90's bikes is big time at the moment.

Sent from Pippa Middleton's lingerie drawer.

There were quite a few classic bikes about then but why 79??? How about 1976???

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
Way back when i owned a Suzuki AP50 which was a rival to the Fizzy and the Honda SS50, has anybody on here owned a moped and if so which one !

Ditto - I had one of these with a blue tank, unrestricted so used to get 50mph out of it as opposed to the restricted mopeds that only did about 35mph. Changed up to a Suzuki A100 before progressing onto cars. Both were great little bikes - preferred the AP50 to the Fizzys, sounded more like a motorbike unlike the Fizzys which sounded like an angry wasp! :D

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I had a Lambretta TV (GT) 200. We had some great times back in the day was never a mod, but used to ride with the suede heads. I'd had a smaller Vespa before the 200, and stepping up to a top speed of 70 was nerve wracking lol.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Is it still legal to learn to ride your bike in the street just with a couple of mates on their L' s assisting you - was it ever legal even in the Seventies ??
Remember spending a couple of hours one dark night along Sackville Rd stalling and doing unintentional wheelies whilst attempting to the learn the simple art of handling 4 gears .
Together the 3 of us had the whole set . Me on my Fizzy , whilst one mate had a Honda and the other a Suzuki .
Happy Days !!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Suzuki TS ER 50 trials bike thing. It had been bored (sp?) out to a 71, I think and as such did what was a very scary 60ish mph.

I was, quite frankly, absolutely rubbish on it - coming off quite regularly as well as a few other mishaps.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Garelli Tiger Cross. Did 60mph. Bought it off Ann Street.

garelli10111204.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here