Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What moped did you own ?

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
A little yellow Puch that I bought second-hand in 1976. It used to get me to work in Lewes faster than a car would. This was before the Lewes by-pass was built and all the traffic that used the A27 had to go via South Street - which meant queues trailing back for miles. The moped just whizzed past them all.

Puch Maxi ?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Had a Honda MB5 with a big bore, micron exhaust and racing ( :lol: ) reeds. This was stolen and found burnt out in stammer park so I then got a FS1E

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I thought they were both Orange,

This is exactly the same model/colour as mine was...

DT125.jpg

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I had a Suzuki ER 50 & it was crap. Mind you, at least it was cheap transport & it launched my life-long love of motorcycles (even if it went like a heavily stoned Slug).

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
I started off on an unrestricted fizzy, with my leather jacket and silver fullface helmet, i'm sure i looked a right bellend :facepalm:

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I started with a white, air cooled Yamaha RD50 that cost me £400 in 1987. I remember changing the gearing and managing to get the top speed up from 40mph to the dizzy heights of 48mph! Great days :)

Lush

Mods' Pet
Honda C50 ie this one. Bought from the motorbike place at the bottom of North Road. Took it to uni in Liverpool in the back of an estate car (where it had its headlight nicked). Also used to ride it to work from Brighton to Ferring. Nearly got blown over the Shoreham flyover into the Adur a few times.

6.jpg

I borrowed a C90 so I could take my full motorbike test, so in theory I could ride around on a Harley now. In practice I probably couldn't get it off the centre stand.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Honda C50 ie this one. Bought from the motorbike place at the bottom of North Road. Took it to uni in Liverpool in the back of an estate car (where it had its headlight nicked). Also used to ride it to work from Brighton to Ferring. Nearly got blown over the Shoreham flyover into the Adur a few times.

6.jpg

C50 and C90... classics! Would be trendy scooters nowadays!

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston

6.jpg

I borrowed a C90 so I could take my full motorbike test, so in theory I could ride around on a Harley now. In practice I probably couldn't get it off the centre stand.

Classic bike and i have nearly gone off the flyover way back when.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
I had an FS1E-A and loved it, when I turned 17 I got a Suzuki X7 which was great as well.

X7 was a beauty, wonderful smell of 2 stroke engine. I had a Suzuki ER50 with full fresco exhaust. With a bit of tinkering I could get 45 mph out of it. Moved onto a Honda 125 wet dream. A mate had a Yamaha 250 LC with a 350 lump in it. Used to let me ride it. It was orgasmic.

D

Deleted member 2719

I had the FS1E also painted with my best art work in two tone (Black and White) as i was a Rude Boy!
I have also had many other bikes that have been included in the thread Honda c70....Suzuki X5...Ts125ER, and a couple of thumpers, Yamaha XT500c as in my avtar.

I love bikes the smell the power the vibrations the sound especially getting muddy and bike sex can be done and has been done!!

What a great Sunday evening thread.

:thumbsup:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
In 1963 I got fed up with riding my bike from Hangleton to Market Street in a suit. So I invested in one of these, it must have cost peanuts cos that's what I earned. I think it lasted about 6 Months till it died, I don't remember much about it apart from being a bastard to start.
Here we come to the trouble with the title of this thread, Mopeds have pedals, with which you add to the minuscule amount of power provided by the engine. Most posters appear to have ridden scooters not mopeds, if it didn't have pedals to assist the power plant it aint a moped.

phillips_panda_moped.jpg

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Should be an accompanying thread asking how often you stayed on the damned thing as a 16/17 year old!!

D

Deleted member 2719

X7 was a beauty, wonderful smell of 2 stroke engine. I had a Suzuki ER50 with full fresco exhaust. With a bit of tinkering I could get 45 mph out of it. Moved onto a Honda 125 wet dream. A mate had a Yamaha 250 LC with a 350 lump in it. Used to let me ride it. It was orgasmic.

I had the opportunity to race a 350LC production bike and chose to chase 16year old girls by posing on my FS1E.

What a mistake.

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here