Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You are what you are RM - inert

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
For anyone who didn't know:

This is a DISCUSSION board. For people to discuss things on.

So I told some Millwall fans I think McCammon is shit. What is the big deal?

There are rival fans on this board that read dozens of posts from Brighton fans saying such and such has had a crap game, or so and so is out of form.

That is what football is about, opinions.

When I am in the pub with my mates who are not Brighton fans we talk about football, they say 'oh, he had a nightmare for us today'.

They don't think 'ooh, I had better not mention that because we have got Brighton in a month's time and it might undermine our performance or show I am not a loyal fan'

Rangdo said:
But if you listened to fans rantings you'd believe that Zamora was shit wouldn't you? We've been on a good run since he joined and Mcghee says he isn't fully fit. I'll reserve my judgement until the end of the season.

It could be that MM has appreciation for a somewhat sublime way to look at football.
Fans (and probably most managers) tend to look at a striker by his returns - goals scored for appearances. The fact that we have the likes of Nicolas and Jarrett (and perhaps Robinson, though I've not seen him play) in reserve, suggests that we have 'future' squad members. With McCammon, it seems to me he's fairly cumbersome and predictable - yet he does require that defences work to get the ball off him all the same, and he appears to be great at holding up the ball and holding off defenders.
I doubt he'll score many or set the division alight, but Leon Knight should find more space and less attention, and be able to work the middle of the pitch off McCammon.
He's also lanky, on a good day he might do the same kind of job as Ferguson (a similar type of player) does for Everton.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Richie Morris said:

There are rival fans on this board that read dozens of posts from Brighton fans saying such and such has had a crap game, or so and so is out of form.

When I am in the pub with my mates who are not Brighton fans we talk about football, they say 'oh, he had a nightmare for us today'.

They don't think 'ooh, I had better not mention that because we have got Brighton in a month's time and it might undermine our performance or show I am not a loyal fan'

Wind your neck in Richie. Thats your opinion. However, the opinion of everyone who has contributed to your "lets kick the guy 2 hours after we've signed him" thread has disagreed. Whats the problem? As you say it's a discussion board. You posted a thread on a rival board inviting people to slag him off. Fine. You then post a thread here linking us to it and telling us it makes "interesting reading". Also fine. You then get a negative reaction and then come bitching about it because it backfired. Sorry but you're a prick.

EDIT: actually I'm not sorry.

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Rangdo said:
Wind your neck in Richie. Thats your opinion. However, the opinion of everyone who has contributed to your "lets kick the guy 2 hours after we've signed him" thread has disagreed. Whats the problem? As you say it's a discussion board. You posted a thread on a rival board inviting people to slag him off. Fine. You then post a thread here linking us to it and telling us it makes "interesting reading". Also fine. you then get a negative reaction and then come bitching about it because it backfired. Sorry but you're a prick.

Did you not see the poll (not started by me) where more people would have had a goalie upfront then McCammon.;)

Also, if you look at the thread earlier about McCammon signing, or any of the other threads about McCammon that were started at a more peak time for that matter, that it is not just me who thinks this?

Richie Morris said:

If you just restrain yourself from spreading your unique brand of discussion to the Derby messageboard over the next few days, we'll all be really grateful :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Richie Morris said:

If I may stick my oar in here, imho Richie you're right in saying it's an open board for discussion, and in the same manner don't let it bother you if people get shirty - that's just the way it is when you put an opinion out there.

It's just a rant-site sometimes, and sod it if people rail against what you think.
I thought it a fair-enough thread, enough to post opinion on.
There are only so many players and subjects that can be covered, and at least it's not a "how long is the longest bogey you ever picked" type of thread.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
London Irish said:
If you just restrain yourself from spreading your unique brand of discussion to the Derby messageboard over the next few days, we'll all be really grateful :thumbsup:

Seriously though what harm would it actually do it someone told some Derby fans they thought one of our players was not that great?

I am intrigued.

Richie Morris said:
Seriously though what harm would it actually do it someone told some Derby fans they thought one of our players was not that great?

I am intrigued.

I've gone and given him the idea now haven't I :eek: :shootself

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
But not answered my question.

Are you honestly suggesting that me telling a few Millwall fans I think one of our players is shit might somehow result in us playing badly?

Surely you cannot actually believe that.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We know your opinion Richie

You keep telling us again and again and again. A lot of us don't agree with you but if we put forward our point of view all it does is encourage you to carry on. You always want the last word.

We believe you so now will you shut up and give it a rest?

It's getting totally boring :yawn:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
NMH said:
If I may stick my oar in here, imho Richie you're right in saying it's an open board for discussion, and in the same manner don't let it bother you if people get shirty - that's just the way it is when you put an opinion out there.

In my experience it seems that people only use the "its a discussion board and I'm allowed to post my opinion" argument when others don't agree with them.
Richie started the thread inviting people to discuss, then moans when people disagree. If you're going to get uptight about opposite standpoints why start the thread?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Rangdo said:
Richie started the thread inviting people to discuss, then moans when people disagree.

Not when they disagree but when they resort to telling me to shut up or calling me a prick.

London Irish, I genuinely want to know if you think me telling a few fans I think McCammon is shit is going to have any influence on the result at all.

Richie Morris said:
Are you honestly suggesting that me telling a few Millwall fans I think one of our players is shit might somehow result in us playing badly?

No, but it could give them some bright ideas to target both Big Mac and us with chants if they gauge we're badly divided on this.

The general idea is to shut the opposition fans up, not go on their boards and give them the ammunition to use against us at a game.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
London Irish said:
No, but it could give them some bright ideas to target both Big Mac and us with chants if they gauge we're badly divided on this.

The general idea is to shut the opposition fans up, not go on their boards and give them the ammunition to use against us at a game.

a) do you honestly think Millwall fans are that bothered?
b) I imagine they do not need us telling them to take the piss out of McCammon.
c) Have you ever heard about an opposition's fans disagreeing about a player and thought 'I know, lets make up a witty chant that will strike to the heart of their divisions and upset the whole club enough for us to pinch a win'?

I think deep down you know that perhaps, just perhaps that was a bit of a silly thing to say. ;)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Richie I've never met you but you are obviously a passionate supporter of all things blue and white.

However can I throw a bone into the melting pot of NSC ?

I think it was totally unnecessary to post that question on Ask the club. I don't think any of us are in a position to so directly question the expertise of Mark Mcghee in view of our league position.

I think it is an abuse of the Ask The Club facility and quite frankly rude beyond the extreme.

That of course is my opinion.

Richie Morris said:
I think deep down you know that perhaps, just perhaps that was a bit of a silly thing to say. ;)

Put into your language, most things sound idiotic. I've done my best for you Richie, I really have. If you carry on slagging off our players on other teams's messageboards, you will get people's backs up even more than your usual antics do. If attention-seeking is the object of the exercise, dare I say it, then go right ahead.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I am an absolute loss to understand what you honestly think the club are going to answer to your question.

"yep, Richie you're right - we made a mistake"

It's easy to get to get wrapped up in issues of free speech and discussion.

However at the end of the day I think you'll agree, it's better to get behind the team and decisions by the management in time of relative success, rather than so directly criticise the signing of an individual player.

Take a deep breath.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here