Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What match did Paul Jewell watch today?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
According to Jewell our first goal was a "catalogue of errors".

So that was the superb defence-splitting ball from Greer to Buckley, the early cross, and the neat close-range finish from CMS giving the keeper no chance ?

Yeah, Keystone Cops stuff from them. :rolleyes:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That was such a sweet goal. There are times when it is best to credit the attacking team. I am looking forward to seeing that one again.

Me too.

"Catalogue of errors" was us last week. Today though, our 1st and 3rd goals were beautifully worked. The 2nd came from a duff clearance from their keeper, but its not like Barnes was left with a tap-in from it. And the run and pass from Reyes to set up the 3rd was sublime.

Typical sour scouser.

So that was the superb defence-splitting ball from Greer to Buckley, the early cross, and the neat close-range finish from CMS giving the keeper no chance ?

Was that ball from Greer ? It was an absolute peach inside the full back and just holding up for Will to caress it across for CMS. The goal just came out of nowhere - stunning.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Greer & bridders certain goalbound efforts cleared with Brez beaten is hard to deny,

So, we defended well and took our chances. That to me is what playing well is all about.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
'Chopra seeing a goal disallowed for handball' – No his goal wasn't disallowed, it wasn't a goal.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Jewell only needs to look at himself to find out why they lost. We have pace all over our team, so he decides to play the highest defensive line I have seen in decades. No team plays the offside trap so far up the pitch any more.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
If Greer hadn't cleared off the line brilliantly the game would have been completely different. He spoke sense I thought.

But there were clear chances missed by us too. Ifs and maybes.
No way were Ipswich as good as us. Defending is very much part of the game, and they couldn't stop 3 perfectly good goals.

Jewell today was wearing his Wenger specs.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Ipswich had first 5 or 10 marginally. Last 10 of the half , first 10 of 2nd half and a bit near the end.

Other than that we were bossing the lot.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
"Can we play you every week" , great chant from us today :hilton:

I didn't see him get animated, or gesticulate at his players for the whole of the match. Gus appears to kick every ball.

I know who I prefer as my team manager any day of the week!

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Same as the 'Murray' thread, f*** him, who cares :shrug:

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
YES YESY YES we deserved to win by 3 because we scored 3 more than them. I get pissed at people that make such comments. I dont care if they had 90% possesion the fact is we won by 3. Had it been the other way around I would say we got what we deserved because we should have taken our chances.

It's all about scoring more than the oppo, always has been and always will be. FFS.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Jewell only needs to look at himself to find out why they lost. We have pace all over our team, so he decides to play the highest defensive line I have seen in decades. No team plays the offside trap so far up the pitch any more.
Spot on. You'd have thought he'd have learnt after Peterborough spanked them by springing it so easily several times in that 7-1 win earlier this season.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Was that ball from Greer ? It was an absolute peach inside the full back and just holding up for Will to caress it across for CMS. The goal just came out of nowhere - stunning.

Can't wait to see it on tv, it's pretty close of my home goal of the season.

I must admit I felt we needed that second goal

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

Also I like how he points out that we didn't deserve to be ahead because of Chopra's cleared shot.

Firstly, aside from the fact it was cleared and there was nothing else he could have done, what was the too short backpass if not an error? Was that actually great play from Ipswich to take over Bridcutt's (I think) mind?

You can't have it both ways.

Thjey did put together a few nice moves, and maybe could have had a goal or even two in the game. But, if you follow that line of thinking, we would have had three or four more goals.

Also I like how it points out the Chopra disallowed goal as an evidence of bad luck. Surely evidence of good luck, that he wasn't yellow carded.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
YES YESY YES we deserved to win by 3 because we scored 3 more than them. I get pissed at people that make such comments. I dont care if they had 90% possesion the fact is we won by 3. Had it been the other way around I would say we got what we deserved because we should have taken our chances.

It's all about scoring more than the oppo, always has been and always will be. FFS.

Possesion stats; us 54% them 46% Jewell talking bollocks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here