Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What makes you feel like a DAD ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OK, Fathers Day and all that. But what makes you feel like a proper DAD ?

This afternoon I fixed my sons bike. It needed a new inner tube, and the rear brake blocks needed replacing / refitting and adjusting till they were operating properly on the rim of the wheel. I am a bit of a mechanical SPACKO, so whilst I've hardly stripped and rebuilt a traction engine, it was a job that needed doing, my 12 year old couldn't do it, so I DID it, complete with spoons, spanners, allen keys and a thing thats like a mini monkey-wrench that I don't know the name of. And now he's back to his happy cycling.

This is the kind of thing that DADS are for innit ? So what little things are part of being a Dad ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Being skint.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
In my experience, my Dad was "that bloke who wasn't around much for the first 16 years of my life, and so gets f*** all for Father's Day". :)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Picking daughter and grandson up from Portsmouth.

Why she can't catch a train back here I don't know. Having 2 suitcases to carry as well is NOT a good enough excuse.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Picking daughter and grandson up from Portsmouth.

Why she can't catch a train back here I don't know. Having 2 suitcases to carry as well is NOT a good enough excuse.

You are a CABBIE for christs sake. Just do yer bloody job and quit WHINING.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Good call. Charge her the fare. Sorted.

che

Nov 24, 2007
When my daughter ask me if i can help her with her homework and after that bring her to the volleyball training,waiting for 2 hours and than got back home.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I am the one to run to arms open for a big cuddle :)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Spent nearly all day yesterday with the whole family (3 generations) at a football tournament were my 9yr old boy was playing.

Spent most of today up at the allotment with the family (2 generations), weeding, digging and harvesting lovely chemical free fresh veg. Whilst there the kids ( 3 all U11) got to work, rest and play, as well as learn oodles of stuff.

Now just back from an hour or so down the beach, rock pooling, stone skimming and writing silly things in the sand.

Does the above make me a great Dad ?. Not really, 'cos I love doing all the above too.

Later this month I'll be driving to the other side of this great county of ours to sit for the best part of a day in a hot, stuffy, stale sweat smelling, crowded hall with lots of other parents all equally over-joyed to be there, watching my daughter take part in a Gymnastics comp. She's only there for the fun, and may or may not win a medal in the 'general' gymnastics class. Now THAT will make me feel like a proper Dad :D

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
If i have a child i intend to turn up drunk at a Parent-Teachers night, my face swelled and obscene, my trousers only half done-up, my head shaking at anything my wife might have to say, and my right eye, the one that works better, winking twitchingly at the music teacher two tables down whose breasts jiggle when glockenspieling instructively to a class of boys scraping words like ERIC SHUN with compasses on the desk so often due for change. I'd be asked to leave, but years later my son would like that i was fully foolish once.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Having a chinese take-away - like tonight

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Being asked "dad" stuff like - what is that pedal for in the car? and is the future real? and do Knights really exist?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
lashing out shedloads of cash to help my kids at Uni.

Getting a mug, card and a tie that looks like the keys on a piano.:yahoo:

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
If i have a child i intend to turn up drunk at a Parent-Teachers night, my face swelled and obscene, my trousers only half done-up, my head shaking at anything my wife might have to say, and my right eye, the one that works better, winking twitchingly at the music teacher two tables down whose breasts jiggle when glockenspieling instructively to a class of boys scraping words like ERIC SHUN with compasses on the desk so often due for change. I'd be asked to leave, but years later my son would like that i was fully foolish once.

More gold :bowdown:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Being a dad...?

Two oldest are grown up now, but always remember and make the effort to spend some time with me on Fathers day (albeit one of them is in America.........skype comes in very handy..!).
As for the four younger ones...........greeted with smiling faces and cards at 6.00am this morning, and the obligatory bar of chocolate. The chocolate of course though, has to be shared with them...LOL..!
After they,ve eaten that, by about 6.30am, I revert back to my normal duties, of being the official referee of all arguments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here