Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What league position do you consider 'par' for the Albion this season?

Where is a 'par' finish for the Albion this season

• 1st-2nd - Automatic promotion

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 3rd-6th - Playoffs

Votes: 75 36.1%
  • 7th-9th - Just missed out

Votes: 121 58.2%
  • 10th-12th - Top half, just

Votes: 9 4.3%
  • 13th-20th - Flirting with the dropzone

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 21st-24th - relegation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Given our squad, where do you think the Albion should be finishing in the Championship this season?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Our squad is better, so is that of our competitors, it's just in or just out of play-offs for me.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Better than last year, so 7th - 9th would be alright.

This.

it's natural to be frustrated by that because it's just outside the playoffs, and what you're missing out on is more evident than your improvement from last year. That's one reason that everyone is getting so hysterical about how useless Gus is.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Somewhere between fourth and eighth for me, but voted 3rd-6th.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not good enough for top 2, but would be disappointed with anything lower than 10th. If we make the play-offs naturally I'll be happy, but won't be massively surprised/disappointed if we don't.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think it might be easy to look above us and think there's fewer than 6 teams with better squads, but I think we also have to look below us to the likes of Birmingham, Blackburn, Blackpool, Bolton, Leeds and Wolves. I'm not saying they're all better/more experienced than us, but squads that are performing below their par are often overlooked.

For me, the lack of experience together, we are probably par 7-9th. Next season when Ulloa has settled in, orlandi and lopez becoming permanent fixtures, maybe with upson settled in we could argue for the play off spots.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Play-offs hopefully, so the Albion roller-coaster ride can continue :albion2:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Should be right in the mix given the squad we have but fear we will wimp out because we don't go for the jugular enough. 5 wins in 20 says it all.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Would love us to break the top 6, but as long as we're top 10 then we can begin to banish the 'punching above our weight' tag and become an established Championship club.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Just missing is fine, albeit disappointing. Next year will be different though, not only the 1st season intimidation/uncertainty gone but we'll have a full squad built for the Championsip. Play Offs at a minimum (gulps!)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Next year will be different though, not only the 1st season intimidation/uncertainty gone but we'll have a full squad built for the Championsip. Play Offs at a minimum (gulps!)

Definitely agree with that bit. If we don't make it this season, I think next season I would expect top 6 minimum.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
If the season was to start over again with this squad playoff's or major disappointment. From here on, in anything inside top 10 but still with a sense that what could/should have been.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here