Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What lager do you drink?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Guiness would be my choice.

However if i had to choose a lager it would be San Miguel or Budweiser.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Grosch is the preferred then Kronenbourg both on nights out.
Fosters if on an all dayer

ps dont drink the kronenbourg white . . . f ing disgusting

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
if I do drink lager it is usually stella and usually in the winter. If I'm in a pub it HAS GOT TO BE Harvey's innit!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Stella or Kromnenbourg for Lager

usually an ale man though, especially in winter

Hpegarden is dangerously tastry too

we have this thread about every 6 months don't we ? :rolleyes:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
cobra is bloody nice as well

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Imported, bottled lager is ok, but if you drink the chemical beer-substitute that is British-brewed keg lager then you are at least one of these:

1 - 14/15 years old and just starting to drink beer.
2 - A poof
3 - Female
4 - Gullible enough to believe the advertising.

I notice that both Stella and Fosters are actually trying to make a virtue of the fact their products are additive-riddled horse piss (Stella, where the naughty brewer ignores the German purity laws), or tasteless additive-riddled horse piss (Fosters: "It tastes better cold")

PS - Belgians think Stella is shit.

Last edited:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
MYOB said:

4. Most of them don't travel well, at all.

That's a complete myth. I've had better pints of Harveys in the Market Porter in London, and the Dorset Steam Fair than I've had in Lewes. Better pints of Caledonian in Lewes than I've had in Scotland. Better pints of Adnams in Swindon than in Southwold. Better pint of Brains in Hove than in Cardiff...etc. etc.

Dandyman

In London village.
looney said:
Real ale or Guinness. Maybe you like standing at a bar looking as if your holding a pint of fizzy piss, which has been mass produced and marketed by and for idiots.

One day you fizzy piss drinkers will grow up, I hope.

:clap: (For once).

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Ah my sort of thread!!!

Been migrating onto the mad apples of late with a particular taste for Magners and the legend that is Westons Organic Cider.

However if there is decent lager available, will always have one or two. For instance if in the Basketmakers they have Becks on tap, which is always worth a pint. Fitzherberts has Bitburger, which is a fine example of Panzer Pop. If I am in the Cobbett in Farnham then a few Warsteiners are on the cards, although too many of these and the urge to invade Poland can be hard to surpress. Mables in London, well they have Hurlimans on tap, now that stuff is one of the orginal wife beater juices, due to Hurlimans I got tear gased in Zurich and on more than one occasion I have done exactly what it says on the tin after one too many... :sick:

Budvar on tap in the Wagon and Horses is always a good pint. I am however somewhat alarmed to notice that Oddbins have started selling Super Bock, now that stuff gets you pissed from the legs upwards, altogether now;

Super Bock
Super Star
Gets you more pissed than Stella Artois.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Maes Pilsner is nice. And Koenig Pilsner is the finest lager in the world, IMHO. If anyone finds it on sale in this country, please let me know (seriously).

Dandyman

In London village.
Uncle Buck said:
Ah my sort of thread!!!

Been migrating onto the mad apples of late with a particular taste for Magners and the legend that is Westons Organic Cider.

However if there is decent lager available, will always have one or two. For instance if in the Basketmakers they have Becks on tap, which is always worth a pint. Fitzherberts has Bitburger, which is a fine example of Panzer Pop. If I am in the Cobbett in Farnham then a few Warsteiners are on the cards, although too many of these and the urge to invade Poland can be hard to surpress. Mables in London, well they have Hurlimans on tap, now that stuff is one of the orginal wife beater juices, due to Hurlimans I got tear gased in Zurich and on more than one occasion I have done exactly what it says on the tin after one too many... :sick:

Budvar on tap in the Wagon and Horses is always a good pint. I am however somewhat alarmed to notice that Oddbins have started selling Super Bock, now that stuff gets you pissed from the legs upwards, altogether now;

Super Bock
Super Star
Gets you more pissed than Stella Artois.

As you can see we are slowly moving Buck away from chemical shite Wife Beater and onto something more palatable.

To give a real ale perspective, Lager is the term casually used in English to describe bottom-fermented beers of German and sometimes of Czech styles, though in the latter case the term "Pilsener" is more common. The word was popularised by the major commercial breweries in the UK promoting light coloured "keg" beers, purporting to be continental beers. The word stems from the German lagern ("to store"), and refers to the practice of storing these (and other) beers at near-freezing temperatures for periods of several months before drinking. The term is not used to describe beer in German, but has recently been used in the name of some beer brands.

I have no objection to Budvar and the like, if they are proper examples of real lagered beer, the objection is to tasteless chemical shite the popularity of which owes more to marketing and restrictive trading practices than anything else.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
grolsch isnt bad either - and when it is on offer at £1.80 a pint in mooch, you cant beat coors, even if it does tast like cats piss

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
adverts_lager_boy_poster.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here