Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What lager do you drink?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
looney said:
Real ale or Guinness. Maybe you like standing at a bar looking as if your holding a pint of fizzy piss, which has been mass produced and marketed by and for idiots.

One day you fizzy piss drinkers will grow up, I hope.

Real Ale & guinness!!!! Vile stuff, not exactly refreshing on a summers day are they.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Bluejuice said:
Eh???

Both Fosters and Carling cost more than a pint of Harveys Sussex in most pubs. The only places you'd find them cheaper are student unions or fun pubs running promotions.

There's no excuse for not drinking real beer

Theres a lot of them, actually.

1. Bad pubs can pour an incredibly bad pint of them. Undrinkably bad
2. You can't drink them as fast. This is important when you're 18 and intending to get -smashed- in the two hours before closing time
3. You usually can't get them in nightclubs, or at concert venues, or at stadiums, or train station bars, and so on.
4. Most of them don't travel well, at all. When you live in a country without the brewery/pub combination system that the UK has, it can be -extremely- hard to find somewhere that serves anything that you might call "real", except the brown lard that is Guinness.

The only drinkable thing that I can get in any of my local pubs, or any nightclubs here, that might come under your definition of "real" thats actually drinkable is Smithwicks. ("Kilkenny" in the UK is pretty much the same drink)

MYOB -

In a nation that still produces unpasteurised bottled Guinness, there's surely no excuse for drinking the draught stuff, surely?

And what the hell is "Ice Cold Guinness" all about?

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Lord Bracknell said:
Any idea where you can buy ordinary Peroni, as opposed to Nastro Azzurro?

peroni_bottle.jpg

Don't know for sure but I would imagine either the off licence halfway up Southover Street on the right, or the one near the bottom of Trafalgar Street on the left. They have a wide range of bottled lagers from all over.

It's all piss by the way. Give me Harveys.

Last edited:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
MYOB said:
Theres a lot of them, actually.

1. Bad pubs can pour an incredibly bad pint of them. Undrinkably bad
2. You can't drink them as fast. This is important when you're 18 and intending to get -smashed- in the two hours before closing time
3. You usually can't get them in nightclubs, or at concert venues, or at stadiums, or train station bars, and so on.
4. Most of them don't travel well, at all. When you live in a country without the brewery/pub combination system that the UK has, it can be -extremely- hard to find somewhere that serves anything that you might call "real", except the brown lard that is Guinness.

The only drinkable thing that I can get in any of my local pubs, or any nightclubs here, that might come under your definition of "real" thats actually drinkable is Smithwicks. ("Kilkenny" in the UK is pretty much the same drink)
Smithwicks is a lovely way to getting a first class hangover..........:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Lord Bracknell said:
MYOB -

In a nation that still produces unpasteurised bottled Guinness, there's surely no excuse for drinking the draught stuff, surely?

The kind of "by idiots, for idiots" marketing that looney seemed to think that Guinness don't have :p

I really don't like Guinness, bottled or not. I do, however, have an unopened 1970's six pack of Guinness bottles with the head-injection syringe somewhere.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Lord Bracknell said:
MYOB -

Isn't that the 'Guinness Original' that we can get in bottles over here?

And do you mean Guinness Extra Cold?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Beater, generally.
But just wait for that Artois Bock to get around....that'll be the weapon of choice for the masses I reckons.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was told by a Senior Executive of Guinness that the reason that they started selling Guinness Cold as oppposed to the old traditional room temperature was because the young generation want cold beer and unless they changed, in about 20 years time there would be no Guinness drinkers as us old uns dropped off. The 20 year olds of today wouldnt replace them.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I don't really have a set drink but Hoegarden is my favourite at the moment. Peroni for refreshment.

Artois Bock wll probably be a big hit, I think it's 7% and still drinkable. My all time favourite strong lager was Carlsberg Elephant beer - about 7% and tasted like a regular lager unlike special brew or tennents.

D

Deleted User X18H

Elephant beer can you still get that???? Hooegarden for me and in my fridge.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
bakesy said:

I used to drink Stella, but wanted to fight everyone when i was on that stuff.:lolol:
Come and have a go if you think you`re hard enough.:lolol: :drink: Fosters or any other lightweight lager as well for me.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here