Votes: 10 7.6%
  • - £ 2 m

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Zamora is now joint 9th top goalscorer in the premiership from all competitions with 10 goals from a irregular first team place. He scored 13 last season from an irregular place and single handedly got WHU promorion to the premiership with 4 goals from 3 games in the play offs.

I said a couple of years ago over a pint that I thought Zamora may make the England World Cup 2006 squad or Euro 2008 squad and people laughed in my face.

How sickening the WHU fans are seeing the best now after the disgraceful way they treated him for a year. What are they saying on their website now ?.

What is the boy worth now, over the £ 1 000 000 WHU paid I wager. WHU thought they had wasted £ 1m. Zamora destroyed Blackburn Saturday and scored one of the goals of the season against a good side and England defender yesterday.

2005-2006 Top Scorers
Top Scorers Team Prem CC FA UEFA CL Other Total
Ruud Van Nistelrooy Manchester United 18 1 0 0 1 1 21
Thierry Henry Arsenal 14 1 0 0 3 0 18
Steven Gerrard Liverpool 7 1 2 0 0 7 17
Frank Lampard Chelsea 13 0 1 0 1 0 15
Aiyegbeni Yakubu Middlesbrough 12 0 2 1 0 0 15
Darren Bent Charlton Athletic 11 2 1 0 0 0 14
Jason Roberts Wigan Athletic 7 4 2 0 0 0 13
Wayne Rooney Manchester United 10 0 0 0 0 1 11
Robin van Persie Arsenal 5 4 0 0 2 0 11
Djibril Cisse Liverpool 4 0 0 0 2 4 10
Andy Cole Manchester City 9 0 1 0 0 0 10
Hernan Crespo Chelsea 8 0 0 0 2 0 10
Didier Drogba Chelsea 7 0 0 0 1 2 10
Marlon Harewood West Ham United 10 0 0 0 0 0 10
Bobby Zamora West Ham United 6 2 2 0 0 0 10

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I've gone for £ 4 - £ 6 m.

Uncle Spielberg said:
I said a couple of years ago over a pint that I thought Zamora may make the England World Cup 2006 squad or Euro 2008 squad and people laughed in my face.

i've said the same. used to go on about how he'd play well alongside Owen. still reckon he's got an outside chance if he continues his rich vein of form. it's not just his goal scoring but his overall contribution. sven was at the match last night.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
28 votes, average £ 4 007 000.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:

Amongst other reasons?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
eastlondonseagull said:
I've gone for £4-6m too. Great goals, just hope everyone keeps the faith :clap2:

Is there a sell-on for us if he does go for mega bucks / get an England first team place? ???

We didnt even receive any money from his transfer between Tottenham and WHU cos he was the make-weight for the Defoe transfer.

Therefore we dont get any money and have no right to a sell on fee etc.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It depends on who is doing the selling and under what conditions.

West Ham would point to the fact that Dean Ashton wasn't doing the business at Norwich and yet they still had to pay £7m.

If West Ham don't need to sell, they'd hold out for something similar. If they need to get him off the wage bill, Zamora could feasibly leave for a cut price £2m.

If it was us right now, we'd sell him for £200k because McGhee doesn't like him. And replace him with Steve Torpey for £300k on the back of some grainy video footage and an agent's say so. ;)

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Uncle Spielberg said:

I'm surprsied you remembered that incident it must happen so often :wave:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Uncle Spielberg said:
and single handedly got WHU promorion to the premiership with 4 goals from 3 games in the play offs.

A little bit of an over-exageration there I think. The other players who appered in those games might have had a little to do with it as well. Or was Bobby playing all 11 positions?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Re: Re: What is Zamora worth now ?.

Rangdo said:
A little bit of an over-exageration there I think. The other players who appered in those games might have had a little to do with it as well. Or was Bobby playing all 11 positions?
His point still stands. If Zamora hadn't started in all of those games, it is debatable whether West Ham would be a Premiership club.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good call Rougvie, shall I add you to my list of NSC admirers ??? :D

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: Re: What is Zamora worth now ?.

Simster said:
His point still stands. If Zamora hadn't started in all of those games, it is debatable whether West Ham would be a Premiership club.
Firstly, no it doesn't. No player can "single handedly" win a game.
Secondly, that is impossible to say. The player who replaced him may have scored 6 goals.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: What is Zamora worth now ?.

Rangdo said:

You can have 11 players on a pitch but it is goals that count. There are plenty of strikers who don't score.
Bobby scored all 3 in the playoffs so, yes, I would say he got them there single handed.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
How sickening the WHU fans are seeing the best now after the disgraceful way they treated him for a year. What are they saying on their website now ?.

That's because he really didn't play well for a year. To be fair, virtually the whole team came in for some pretty harsh critisism. I sat at the Boleyn last January and watched an average Sheffield Utd side make us look like an under 16 park team. That was pretty rock bottom and i left with 20 minutes to go, something that i've never done before.

We had no rights going up to the prem....we played average to diabolical for most of last season but we rallied at the end and scraped through. Most WHU fans would admit that it would be a huge success to finnish 17th this season.

But love him or hate him...and i gather most hate him on here, Pardew finally seemed to find the team that worked well together. Repka was better at RB, Mullins was better in MF and Bobby deserved a better run out and boy did he repay his faith.

I hope that by getting Ashton, it will keep Bobby on his toes and he keeps banging them in. It would be good for us and for Bobby if he got an England call up and testament to BHA for his time he spent there.

I really can't remember the last time i felt so happy to be a hammer :drink:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Simster said:
If it was us right now, we'd sell him for £200k because McGhee doesn't like him. And replace him with Steve Torpey for £300k on the back of some grainy video footage and an agent's say so. ;)

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here