• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: Re: What is Zamora worth now ?.

Yorkie said:
You can have 11 players on a pitch but it is goals that count. There are plenty of strikers who don't score.
Bobby scored all 3 in the playoffs so, yes, I would say he got them there single handed.

But he couldn't have been in a position to score without the ball being played to the right place. And they only won the games by scoring more than they conceded which means the midfield, defence and goalie played just as important part.
Yes he got into the positions and put them in the net but by saying he did it single-handedly is implying that he could have done it alone. I think not.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Obviously Zamora on his own against 11 players would not win a game, it is a figure of speech :rolleyes:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Re: Re: Re: Re: What is Zamora worth now ?.

Rangdo said:
Firstly, no it doesn't. No player can "single handedly" win a game.
Secondly, that is impossible to say. The player who replaced him may have scored 6 goals.
I don't agree. Zamora played in fits and starts all through last season. Then towards the end of the season, he got a prolonged run-out and scored the goals that sent the club to the top tier.

"Single handed" is of course OTT (the only single handed performances I can remember are Beckham v Greece, Maradona in 1986, and a couple of Le Tiss games for the Stains). But Gareth's real point was that without Zamora's playoff contributions, West Ham might well still be a Championship side. And you've got to say, that is fair comment.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
:thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Zamora's average price = £ 4 280 000 from 59 votes.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
jevs said:

I hope that by getting Ashton, it will keep Bobby on his toes and he keeps banging them in. It would be good for us and for Bobby if he got an England call up and testament to BHA for his time he spent there.

But poor old Bobby's always the one that gets subbed off. I still feel he's gonna get shafted along the way somewhere.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I reckon the pecking order is still

1. Ashton
2. Sheringham
3. Harwood
4. Zamora

:angry:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
eastlondonseagull said:
But poor old Bobby's always the one that gets subbed off. I still feel he's gonna get shafted along the way somewhere.

For some strange reason...so do i m8. I hope Pardew has learnt his lesson by dropping players that are on form. Zamora has more than earned his right to be playing every game.
Maybe Pards will rotate them to stop them getting tired :(

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Bobby Zamora is worth an estimated 28shillings ,sevenpence farthing.

or £2.75m in todays money.

I know,cos i tried to sign him for the Albion last friday,just before the euro lottery drew the wrong numbers and it all fell through.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What is Zamora worth now ?.

Simster said:

"Single handed" is of course OTT (the only single handed performances I can remember are Beckham v Greece, Maradona in 1986, and a couple of Le Tiss games for the Stains).

:thumbsup:

I don't disagree with the fact that Bobby was an integral part of the team and an important factor in their promotion. My point is that there is a big difference between being instrumental in an outcome and single handedly producing it.

By the way. You forgot Soccer Dog in that list of performances.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Re: Re: Re: What is Zamora worth now ?.

Yorkie said:
You can have 11 players on a pitch but it is goals that count. There are plenty of strikers who don't score.
Bobby scored all 3 in the playoffs so, yes, I would say he got them there single handed.

A whole team contributes to a goal as it does to every aspect of the game - to say he got them up single-handed is simply wrong. He'd probably be worth about £5 million now ... a way to go before he's England material, though - I doubt he'll have the time now.

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
the right footed denilson said:
Earnshaw went for 3.5 so i'd say about 4.

I've always thought that Earnshaw and Bobby are about equal standard. I'd say Bobby is worth about 3.5 mil now. If he continues to score goals until the end of the season and then again next I think his price will go well above 5 mil.

BTW Earnshaw will do very well at Norwich.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
I reckon about £3m
He's good and he's a BHA legend, but he aint £8m good for those of you who chose that. I still don't think he'll ever make the England squad, although i hope i'm wrong.
Good luck Bobby Z
:clap2:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Must be in with a serious chance of getting into the next England call-up,The Hammers might just be a good outside bet for the Cup?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Was chatting with a workmate at work today about selection for the England squad for the World Cup, both of us reckoned that Bobby Z and Gareth Barry could be outside bets for inclusion. Given that Sol Campbell looks a bit iffy at the moment and one or two other England regulars are not exactly on top form surely Sven will be looking a little further afield, despite having hinted that he has pretty much picked the squad already.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here