Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is your most FAVOURITE away ground visited with Brighton & Hove Albion?

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
My alltime favourite was the Baseball Ground Derby where we played in a cup game and lost..way back. Fantastic atmosphere and feeling to the place, great mushy peas with the chips from the local chippie too

Couldnt agree more!

Was that the game when, at half time, they tried to make an announcment and every time they started all the Albion cheering and nobody could hear a thing, and he gave up after about ten attempts.
great days

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Couldnt agree more!

Was that the game when, at half time, they tried to make an announcment and every time they started all the Albion cheering and nobody could hear a thing, and he gave up after about ten attempts.
great days

That's the one, the chant that went on for all of half time was

Have you ever seen a seagull f*** a ram :D

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Woah, gentlemen. Would either of you mind telling me what you like about The New Den? If I was to compile a list of all the grounds I've been to, I think it would be in the bottom 5. No atmosphere, boring stands, always half-empty. Oh, and it's got Millwall fans in it. I can honestly think of NOTHING I like about it, hence my shock that you've named it as your favourite. I'd love to hear the JUSTIFICATION!!!

My opinion is my opinion I dont feel the need to justify it Badger.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Woah, gentlemen. Would either of you mind telling me what you like about The New Den? If I was to compile a list of all the grounds I've been to, I think it would be in the bottom 5. No atmosphere, boring stands, always half-empty. Oh, and it's got Millwall fans in it. I can honestly think of NOTHING I like about it, hence my shock that you've named it as your favourite. I'd love to hear the JUSTIFICATION!!!

A few pints.
Train it to the ground.
Silly little chavs, in PINK burberry caps, mouthing off.
800 odd Albion, on a Tuesday night in the poxy JPT.
Shit match. Albion rubbish.
Butters off 14 minutes.
1-0 soon after.
El Abd off, cut leg. Whing CB.
90 minutes of fantastic support.
89 mins Robinson, beats 2, scores!
Haha. not laughing now Burberry boys.
Straight to pens.
Zak Whitbread high over the bar. Shame.
MAYO wins it!
100 yards mass Albion sprint to away end.
Proper marvelous scenes.
Great, great night.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

:nono: The kids of today.

It's for those reasons that we now watch and gaze at the insipid, gobby generation who carry the flame in trying to justify their status by announcing 'I'm a Millwall fan, wochoo gonna fackin' do abaht it...?' Once upon a time, it meant something sinister. Nowadays...

Half an hour later, when we've finished laughing, we shake our heads and walk away sagely and wonder where it all went so tragically wrong for them.

Then we head on to the only pub in London.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A few pints.
Train it to the ground.
Silly little chavs, in PINK burberry caps, mouthing off.
800 odd Albion, on a Tuesday night in the poxy JPT.
Shit match. Albion rubbish.
Butters off 14 minutes.
1-0 soon after.
El Abd off, cut leg. Whing CB.
90 minutes of fantastic support.
89 mins Robinson, beats 2, scores!
Haha. not laughing now Burberry boys.
Straight to pens.
Zak Whitbread high over the bar. Shame.
MAYO wins it!
100 yards mass Albion sprint to away end.
Proper marvelous scenes.
Great, great night.

Followed by more imbibing at the Market Porter. Can't beat it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well yes, of course, but I thought you may like to explain the reasoning for a pretty random choice.

That's pretty much all about the match though. Granted, it was a good one, and most of the points you make I enjoyed too, but it doesn't make it a favourite GROUND.

Point accepted, BUT, its inevitable that your feelings for a ground are going to be coloured by the matches you've seen there. That's the ONLY game I've seen at that ground so I have only brilliant memories of it, making it MY favourite.

If it was just about the facilities, or sightlines, or catering, we might as well shut the forum, and go and read a Simon Inglis 'Football Grounds of Britain' book.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I generally like Upton Park, although the recent trip there was crap, the game before was IMMENSE, and i'd been there before that anyway.

The New Den is GREAT in terms of being a newish stadium where you CAN make a noise. Always a good atmosphere there - better than the new 'bowl' type grounds. Easy to get to too.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I loved it everytime I saw the Albion at Anfield. The whole thing from the atmosphere, the tradition and even the results

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
I Agree With You So You Just Ignore The Bullies, Todger. There Is More Atmosphere Inside Fat Alan's Closed Down Football Shirt Shop Than Inside The New Den.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here