Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the worst Country you have visited

Dawsey

Apr 25, 2004
Brighton
Went on a school trip to Italy a few years back. As if 4 days travelling and only 3 days there wasn't bad enough - Venice has to be the dullest place on Earth.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Zeitgeist said:
Although technically part of the US, Hawaii. Overrated and expensive tourist trap. Also a magnet for the very worst type of American tourist.

I went to Kauai (one of the Hawaiian islands) for my honeymoon and it was the most enjoyable places I have ever visited. Looking forward to a 10 year anniversary trip there in a few years time, perhaps to look at the Big Island and especially the volcanoes next time

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Dawsey said:
Went on a school trip to Italy a few years back. As if 4 days travelling and only 3 days there wasn't bad enough - Venice has to be the dullest place on Earth.

Agreed, what a load of overhyped, busy, stinky bollocks that city is.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
fatbadger said:
What's so wrong with Slovakia? I really enjoyed my time there - beautiful country, beautiful people. I thoroughly recommend Levoca - a great place. And don't forget to go hiking in the mountains in the east of the country - stunning.

It was cold, it was wet, the people were rude, the food was shit. I spent most of my time in my friends house getting pissed..

How did you not notice the weather and the peo.... wait, you're from Scotland. Scratch that.:lolol: :lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Northern Ireland (which is beautiful around the Glens of Antrim) but Belfast to be more precise.
I had a friend in the WRNS who got married and invited me to stay for a week in 1968 (the year before the 'troubles' began)
The hatred and bigotry were tangible and the poverty unbelievable in Britain. Far worse than anything I saw up north.

After 4 days I did the disgraceful thing of ringing my boyfriend and asking him to ring me back saying he needed me to return to England so that I could make my excuses and go.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Malta's pretty bad, one of the most deathly dull places on this earth. But the worst country has to be Dubai, a truly dreadful place, with no charm or saving graces whatsoever - it looks like Croydon in a desert.

The worst place I've been to is Barcelona, I wouldn't go back if offered a free holiday and spending money, it's a truly, truly awful place. I've had a pretty good time in other parts of Spain, so it's certainly not the worst country.

Actually, Dubai, Malta and Barcelona apart, I've had some pretty good times in most places I've been to, as it's always interesting to see other places and experience other ways of life, even if briefly. Where Dubai and Malta go wrong is that they've almost completely ignored their own heritage and history to cater for the tourists who want more of the same but in a warmer place (I'm sure there are more places like that, it's just that I haven't been to them).

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Stumpy Tim said:
Some of the USA is absolutely shite, some is great. I went to LA last week & it was the biggest dump I've ever been to. It's my worst place in the world

How can you say that Huntington Beach is wirthout doubt fabulous !!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The Central African Republic. Got malaria, was in the middle of a military coup, got stuff stolen a couple of times, the police arrested us for six hours and then were stoned by local villagers after the police let us go, spent days travelling on roads through nothingness - not recommended.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
finbar said:
United States of America.

USA was full of stupid, arrogant, self centred burger munching fatties so cant be forgiven

That's a stupid statement. You can't judge a country by based on a small sample of its people.

Yes, there are some stupid, arrogant and self centred people in the USA. There are also plenty of stupid, arrogant and self centred people in the UK ... and in most other countries.

The USA happens to have some of the most stunning scenery in the world and some of the most exciting and vibrant cities .... no way can it be placed in a "worst country" list.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Stumpy Tim said:
Some of the USA is absolutely shite, some is great. I went to LA last week & it was the biggest dump I've ever been to. It's my worst place in the world

My boy, you speak about a place you obviously know very little about. Sure there are unpleasant parts of LA ... there are unpleasant parts of all big cities ... but it is overall a fabulous city.
Santa Monica, Malibu, Manhattan Beach, Belair, Beverley Hills, Marina del Rey .... and many other lovely spots.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
My worst countries:

Qatar ... lived there for ten months. Boring, boring, boring. Ugly. Horrendous climate.

Bangladesh ... short business visit to Dakar. Enough to convince me never to go back.

Kuwait ... never been there, but enough people have told me what an awful place it is to convince me not to bother. Plus the Kuwaitis are apparently a real arrogant and unpleasant race ... as a number of people have said ... "don't know why we bothered to rescue them from Saddam".

... and most of West Africa.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
goldstone said:
My boy, you speak about a place you obviously know very little about. Sure there are unpleasant parts of LA ... there are unpleasant parts of all big cities ... but it is overall a fabulous city.
Santa Monica, Malibu, Manhattan Beach, Belair, Beverley Hills, Marina del Rey .... and many other lovely spots.

:clap:

and Venice was another of my favs

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Re: Re: Re: What is the worst Country you have visited

bha.fatboy said:
Get a life Dough boy. You know Ibiza is a dump and full of pissed or pilled up chav's getting the crap kicked out of them by Scottish lads.

Corfu was pretty poor apart from Corfu Town which was nice

you only went to one place obviously, i go to ibiza religiously twice a year for the clubs and music and i never hang around the west end the area where they filmed ibiza uncovered. there is so much more to the island than san antonio.

my worst place had to be tunisia it was horrible with men trying to grab my blonde hair all the time and buy me off the street.

pompeydel

May 27, 2004
West Sussex
Re: Re: What is the worst Country you have visited

chez said:
My worst country or Island Ive ever been to is Corfu. Place stunk and it just pissed down for about 4 days!!!

Did you stay in Sidari (Corfu)last month? cos that place stunk, we had a few days of storms, power cuts and a landslide.
but it was no where near as bad as Djibouti, that place is the arsehole of the world......

:sick:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Morocco. Went there on a day (morning) trip from Spain by boat. Got to Tangier, was accosted by angry Moroccons (in my Albion shirt), told I was going to get stabbed, tried to leave the port, more angry Moroccons, then told if I leave the port I will be killed. Spent the next two hours sitting by the boat waiting for it to leave, smoked about eighty disgusting Morocon cigarettes and then went back to Spain. Stupid thing was it was one of the funniest mornings of my life! My passport says I've been to Africa now!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Weirdest place I have been is Albania, to think it is in Europe and yet so backward and corrupt. Although for corruptness Azerbijan takes some beating, the police seem to want a back hander for everything.

Place I still dislike is Poland, I found Warsaw a dump, but would sort of like to go back as people do have good things to say about other parts of the country.

Stumpy Tim

goldstone said:

Didn't make it to Malibu, Manhattan or Belair so I can't comment, but Santa Monica?? Come off it... it's a big beach (ten a penny over here) with a crappy pier in the middle of it. Then there are some shops & a mall. Beverley Hills is.... a load of shops - okay, they're Gucci etc, but they're still just a load of shops. There's nothing else there.

And I cannot believe that Redland later says Venice Beach is nice! What a shithole that place is.

Compared to great US cities like San Fran & Chicago LA is a disgrace

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here