Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the worst Country you have visited

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Uncle Buck said:
Weirdest place I have been is Albania, to think it is in Europe and yet so backward and corrupt. Although for corruptness Azerbijan takes some beating, the police seem to want a back hander for everything.

Place I still dislike is Poland, I found Warsaw a dump, but would sort of like to go back as people do have good things to say about other parts of the country.

Take my advice - go to Krakow and Zakopane. The first is a wonderful mediaeval city that amazingly was spared the ravages of World War 2 and the second is a ski resort in the Tartra mountains. Very beautiful - you won't be disappointed

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
Although for corruptness Azerbijan takes some beating, the police seem to want a back hander for everything.

There was a lad in the Brewery Tap before the Leeds game with an Azerbijan police sergeants jacket. Which I thought was pretty wondrous - seeing as how the nice policeman sold him it at the match! Turned out, if I heard the story right, that he'd originally bought a constable's jacket, but just fancied being promoted to sergeant :lolol:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
bha.fatboy said:

Ibiza is just the most dull place I have ever visited. went there on a lads holiday and wished the flight had been delayed for 7 days so i could have stayed at Gatwick.

What planet were you on? f***ing weirdo :lolol:

Ibiza's amazing. Or was, until Bora Bora was closed down :censored: :censored:

Malta, on the other hand, is shite

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Commander said:
Morocco. Went there on a day (morning) trip from Spain by boat. Got to Tangier, was accosted by angry Moroccons (in my Albion shirt), told I was going to get stabbed, tried to leave the port, more angry Moroccons, then told if I leave the port I will be killed.

:ohmy:

Did you ever find out why the natives took such an instant and violent dislike to you? Not just cos you were wearing the stripes surely?

Jameson

The Democratic Republic of Congo (what used to be called Zaire) albeit a re-fuling stop en-route to Jo'berg (another place to be avoided at all costs). The plane was full of of babbling africans who were up and down the plane all night, smoking in the non-smoking part, 6 hour delay out of Lisbon, then a stop off on DRC (which was a surprise to me as I had no idea it was stopping there). As you fly into the airport, there are broken and burnt out planes littered alongside the runway. A war zone image if ever I saw one. Now one of the most dangerous countries in the world, I think. :nono:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well I've had a few less than great experiences in the US but I don't tend to go there on holiday as such and also I have rarely been to any tourist locations there thus I have a different perspective. One country I loathed was Spain but that was due to the number of British peaople hasseling me about time share. Have holidayed and working in Turkey and although a bit dirty the locals were very helpful and friendly.

Worst coutry for me is Germany, full of arrogant pratts and hairy women. France isn't too clever either by virtue of the fact that so many of them have dubious personal hygene.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here