Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the stupidest question you have ever asked?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
id been out drinking in camden with a few mates all sat,a few little extras kept me going and around sunday afternoon we decided to get a sunday roast.............everyone placed there order and the waitress turned to me and i looked up and i asked in all Sincerity " whats in a nut roast"

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
there's a few people in this thread who need to re-read the title of this thread:

which is ironically the stupidest question on here as people are talking about others asking THEM something....CLOWNS :jester:

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
It was asking for it I agree ;)

Actually I disagree, I think he misread it as "been asked", as some others seem to have.

Or has there been some intervention by an interfering mod, as we can't edit thread titles?

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
there's a few people in this thread who need to re-read the title of this thread:

which is ironically the stupidest question on here as people are talking about others asking THEM something....CLOWNS :jester:

Oops :dunce:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove

ok, smoke this one then...............

i was buying a calculator about 9 years back and when i went to pay i said

'oh i forgot to buy batteries, the woman said to me 'it is a sloar powered one' i replied

'yes thanks, but where do the batteries go though?':jester:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Was she pissed? :lolol:

BTW solar powered calculators all have batteries - they are charged by daylight, then the device runs off the batteries.

sorry - spelling alert:dunce:

i know but i asked for batteries to actually use the bloody thing:dunce:

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
In Montreal I was asked by an American couple which part of Australia I came from...they looked confused when I said Sussex, even more so when I told them that it was in England, one of them then asked why I had and Australian accent?

Funnily enough I occasionally get asked the same question in Toronto. You'd think in Montreal being Francophones that they would recognise the accent. :rolleyes:

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I heard a story about a group being shown around the Greenham Common USAF base and being shown all the hardware/missiles etc., when a woman asked the guide about Cruise, to be told, 'No. They don't have crews...' :O

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Whilst out on a game drive in the Kruger National Park, we saw a herd of Zebra. The Yank sitting next to me said "Oh Gee, is that a Tiger??" She got rather upset when I could not stop laughing.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
It was quite a while back and the first couple of months into owning a mobile phone and I'd moved house.
I got to work and realised it was missing so I was worried all day in case I'd dropped it, left it at the garage etc.
When I got home that evening the first thing I did was to phone the mobile...I could hear it! Brilliant!
Picked it up and noticed I had a missed call.
Didn't recognise the number.
Rang it from my land line to save pennies and got the 1571 answerphone and ended up leaving a message to myself asking me who I was and what did I want.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Saw this on Cricinfo

"I simply don't know how they have got to their age without electrocuting themselves or doing themselves some real harm...Rob Key asked Adil Rashid the other day what animal a lamb came from. He thought it was a cow!"
Graeme Swann admits he is mystified by some of his England colleagues

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sitting in the back of a car with a jumbo sized hangover en route to Swansea away a few years back, I asked in all innocence "What river does the Severn bridge go over?"

:dunce:

Dickyboy

Feb 2, 2009
rustington
When working as an estate agent i showed two women round a house and said to one is that your mum the reply was "i'm her sister how can you believe i'm her mum" sadly i had to drive them to 3 more viewings and she spent the whole time giving me abuse not surprisingly did not buy anything

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here