Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What is the most that would you pay for a concert ticket

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
£150 to get in to see Pulp.
Plus travel, food, and hotel accoms of course so quite a bit more in reality.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Up to £100 for The Boss, original Genesis reforming, or the Floyd

Anything else would be a ripoff

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I spent over £ 150 for Paul McCartney last year. No-one else out there that I'd consider paying that amount to see.

You’d have to pay me £150 to watch that smug git and even then I can’t guarantee I’d turn up :lolol:

From what snippets I’ve seen over the last few years it sounded like his voice has gone too? Has it?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
anything over £60 will put me off..

It seems to me that the really high priced tickets are for wrinklies way past the peak of their powers.
I went to see the B52s last year and they were really good as always, but not a patch on their performances form 20- 30 years ago.
I have seen most of the bands I love, cheaply, when they were at their peak.

However if I could go back in time and see the Clash or the Birthday Party.... i'd probably be prepared to part with the sort of dough people are spending on genesis.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
£100 feels about tops.

Once secondary sites get the tickets, £300 x for at least two of us, is a step too far. With travel, food and possibly an overnight hotel, I'm not going to blow the best part of a £1,000 on a gig, no matter how much I love music.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Gone.... Gone.....

I never knew he had one in the first place.

Bloody shite, anyone who can serve up the friggin "frog chorus" should not be taken seriously

In fairness he had a fecking great range and voice, he also plays a bass guitar very well. It’s his smugness and shitty twee songs since Band On The Run that I’m not a fan of.

I know you think the Beatles were a shit boy band..end, so once again we are not going to agree I feel :wink:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
anything over £60 will put me off..

It seems to me that the really high priced tickets are for wrinklies way past the peak of their powers.
I went to see the B52s last year and they were really good as always, but not a patch on their performances form 20- 30 years ago.
I have seen most of the bands I love, cheaply, when they were at their peak.

However if I could go back in time and see the Clash or the Birthday Party.... i'd probably be prepared to part with the sort of dough people are spending on genesis.

That’s the secret, see them when they are on the up or at their peak, walk away when it’s a money making exercise when they are well past their heyday

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I know Paul Weller has said NO but if The Jam were to reform I would look to get a ticket regardless of the cost.

These days most of the gigs I go to are at smaller venues, so probably around £60 for a London venue is tops, but most are around £35. I have previously gone to just under £100 for decent seats for a few 'names' at the O2 and RAH

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I think I paid about £40 each for the Adam Ant concert at the Brighton Centre before Christmas. Couldn't see myself going much higher than that for a ticket.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I've just paid £90 a pop for 4 tickets to see Brian Wilson at the Dome in May - saw him there a few years ago, he was great. Out of his box, but great.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
You’d have to pay me £150 to watch that smug git and even then I can’t guarantee I’d turn up :lolol:

From what snippets I’ve seen over the last few years it sounded like his voice has gone too? Has it?

It's obviously not as good as it was, but being a huge Beatles fan, I had to go and see him before he eventually gives up touring. The show was over 3 hours and he was joined on stage at the end with Ringo Starr & Ronnie Wood, so that was an added bonus.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I hate the O2 , the area it’s in and the loony size layout of it but I do admit to paying £500 face value for one block a 5th row ticket to see Streisand a few years ago.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
That’s the secret, see them when they are on the up or at their peak, walk away when it’s a money making exercise when they are well past their heyday

Agreed - you never know who you'll see in their early days that might go on to be massive.

Happened to see Coldplay at the Bull & Gate London, Keane in the Louisiana Bristol, U2 at the Hope & Anchor London, Bruce Springsteen at the Brighton Centre (a small gig for him), and Genesis in City Hall Newcastle - all before they really hit the big time. So many others I've seen had the potential to be massive but just haven't made it but having been to nearly 450 gigs in my time there have been some amazing highs, and a few lows (take a bow Amy Winehouse - who came on pissed as a fart).

A bit like following the Albion!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I hate the O2 , the area it’s in and the loony size layout of it but I do admit to paying £500 face value for one block a 5th row ticket to see Streisand a few years ago.

I kept quiet about that gig when I saw it, my wife is a massive Streisand fan and has asked me to book tickets for any concerts she does, regardless of price. Paying £500 x 2 to go to a concert I know I’d hate is a step too far for me !

I do feel guilty now, as she is unlikely to tour again :down:

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Most I've paid is £600 for Golden Circle tickets for Live 8. I'm a massive Floydhead, and exhausted all routes of getting a normal ticket - then the missus very kindly suggested the official GC hospitality option to guarantee entry, as she said the reunion of the band for this one-off event I'd never forgive myself if I missed. Came with food and drink before and after the show, and all the money went to the organisers. It was a superb show...and not upset I did it.

I've done a number of shows abroad, so I guess if you take into account the transport costs, etc., I've spent more on other shows.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I paid around £100 to see Tom Petty at Albert Hall a few years back. It was magnificent. I've paid £70ish to see Dylan at Brixton and Neil young at Hmmersmith in past 10yrs or so. I too have just booked to see Brian Wilson at the Dome for £70. It will be the 3rd time I've seen him and it's never cheap. Last time was a couple of years back at the Palladium. He wasn't massively involved in the gig but it was still great to see him and hear the music.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here