Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the maximum amount of seats the Amex could have ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You are completely wrong about Wolves. Their ground has been more or less sold out for years, and the reason they averaged 25,500 is because they knocked down one end half way through the season to commence building work, meaning that capacity was restricted to 24,000. And they really aren't competing with Coventry as Coventry is MILES away. In fact it's arguable that they are competing with West Brom as West Bromwich is basically a part of Birmingham (a quarter of the Hawthorns is actually inside Birmingham city limits).

Wolves have always been a biggish club. Pretty much the only time their gates have ever been crap (4-5,000) was went they plummetted down the league having been nearly bankrupted trying to build a new stand. But then by the late 80s Steve Bull arrived with the club in division 4 their gates started to climb again. By the time Bull and Mutch were scoring for fun in divs 4 and 3, they were regularly getting 18,000, which was basically a sell out for the half of Molineaux that wasn't condemned. And this was when gates were truly shit, in the late 80s.

They're a huge club, certainly much bigger than us.

England historical attendance and performance

Agreed. Wolves are big.

Not only what you say, but those attendances have held up in a dire season of awful relegation football. Clealy the worst squad in the division this term.
In similar circumstances (bottom & almost certainly going down; out classed every game), I couldn't see say Amex, Villa Park, St.Mary's, Craven Cottage, JJB (t name just 5) ... attentances holding up at all well.

Last edited:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
How many seats are there between each exit in the stands? There is a maximum allowed in law, are we currently at the maximum or could the seats be moved closer together and extra seats squeezed in?

I thought i heard a long time ago that this was an option if ever required.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
In 20 years time after being a top contender in the premier league we may need more than 30,500 but until then I think we can live with what we've got.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You are completely wrong about Wolves.

You of all people should know that I only ever do cursory research on these topics before posting my blasphemous/inflammatory remarks on here. I do know that Wolves had around 22,600 at Molineaux against Fulham this season, but that could be due to the ground alterations. However, I wouldn't for one minute say that Wolves are a 'huge' club, not by any stretch of the imagination - just another Birmingham or West Brom in Monkey World.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You of all people should know that I only ever do cursory research on these topics before posting my blasphemous/inflammatory remarks on here. I do know that Wolves had around 22,600 at Molineaux against Fulham this season, but that could be due to the ground alterations.

Or because of the aforementioned dire relegation football on show?

Or no shows on the day e.g. why did 1,700 Albion fans not turn up for the visit of S'ton?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
How many seats are there between each exit in the stands? There is a maximum allowed in law, are we currently at the maximum or could the seats be moved closer together and extra seats squeezed in?

I thought i heard a long time ago that this was an option if ever required.

From little contact I was told the most you can have is 14seats away from an isle which is why they removed those seats effected by the screen in the NS. The club did say if the stand clears fast enough they may apply to allow a couple of extra seats so it may be bendable with the fire brigades permision I guess?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here