Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the maximum amount of seats the Amex could have ?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
If and it's a big if, if we were to become a premiership team and remain there, can anymore seats be fitted at the stadium than the 30,500 ? If so how many more ?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
They can always fit the other 250 to make it the planned 30,750

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I don't usually do this but this thread has been posted now about 20 times in the last year search it.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I did and nothing came up.

Having seen your new thread I hope you don't think I was trying to be rude or aggressive that is the polar opposite from my nature.

I did a quick look and 20 may have been an exageration I found three but I'm fairly sure the 30,750 absolute max no further expansion has been mentioned on many a thread, Like I said I hope I didn't offend you it wasn't my intention and realise not every is on here as much as others.

The AMEX's capacity after expansion?
Falmer - The Future Capacity?
Will we regret not allowing the Amex greater expansion potential?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No more expansion is easy, but I reckon a good call would be conversion of the North and South stands to safe standing if ( when ) ever that becomes permissible in law, which would potentially up the capacity a bit.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Having seen your new thread I hope you don't think I was trying to be rude or aggressive that is the polar opposite from my nature.

I did a quick look and 20 may have been an exageration I found three but I'm fairly sure the 30,750 absolute max no further expansion has been mentioned on many a thread, Like I said I hope I didn't offend you it wasn't my intention and realise not every is on here as much as others.

The AMEX's capacity after expansion?
Falmer - The Future Capacity?
Will we regret not allowing the Amex greater expansion potential?

Thanks for that I just wondered if any plans were put in place before the ground was built to expand further other than the 30,750 if we were to become like I said a permanent premiership team. No offense taken by the way. Was a genuine question. Thanks again.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well if money was no object, they could close Bennetts Field and all the park and ride drop off and build a stadium of at least 65,000 then knock down the Amex and make that the car park. Simple really.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
No more expansion is easy, but I reckon a good call would be conversion of the North and South stands to safe standing if ( when ) ever that becomes permissible in law, which would potentially up the capacity a bit.

The german way means for every seated person you can have 1.8 standing people. So it should add at least say 6k-ish? 36,750?

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Talking hypothetically,there is more than enough room to make the East Stand as big as the west and both ends have room for expansion.
Would need to give up on the space wasteful curves of the stadium profile to put Box Ends in though and the roof would have to go,but if you wanted it,42,000.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I reckon the Southstand could go back quite some way if we really wanted it to. I would like to know why we don't have a massive stand behind one of the goals

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To take down the surporting arch for the ES, freeing up:
The ES to become a WS lookike,
add to the end stands lower tiers backwards (taking away office space in the NS), with an overhang above the outside walkways,
and full blown second tiers at the ends & corners

= c. 45,000

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
there is space behind the east corners to fit a small upper level

Amex%2Bstage%2B2%2B1.jpg

southeast.jpg

as there is in the SW corner (i do not mean the second tier, just the little level in behind the corner.)

amex%2Bstage%2B2%2B4.jpg

but obviously, in theory, anything is possible.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
lets be real here, in what world will 30,000 not suffice?
This.

We are finally just another provincial club with moderately good support. Like Leicester, Southampton, Stoke, Norwich, Ipswich, and so on. All of those clubs have been more successful than we have, and all of them have a ground holding between 27,000 and 32,000 which they fill when playing well but which don't look ridiculously empty for less attractive fixtures.

Therefore 30,750 will do nicely - especially as our ground is better than all of those, right down to smartcards, better pies, comfy seats and asthetics of the stadium. Delusions of grandeur belong down the road at Portsmouth, sorry I mean "lower league Portsmouth".

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The german way means for every seated person you can have 1.8 standing people. So it should add at least say 6k-ish? 36,750?

Which, spookily would be just a little more than the record crown for the Goldstone! but "safe standing" is only permitted in certain parts of the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here