Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the BIGGER crime...

What is the BIGGER crime...

• Total voters

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Can you PROVE any of those things though? At the moment it's just your word against mine.:cool:

I'm not ginger as I'm blonde, my ticket says that I don't sit near the back, I have no Albion shirt in my wardrobe and I don't think Loft is any good so out of everyone I certainly (if I had a shirt) wouldn't have his name.

:rolleyes:

:p

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
why dont you just f***ing leave her alone? its pathetic

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
At millwall last boxing day some of our 'fans' made me feel embarrassed. Yes we were shite and rightly getting trounced, but why leave early ?, and especially not with 15 mins still to play !

But what embarrassed me most was that some of those leaving early actually waved back to the chavvy 12 yr olds to our left who were waving and giving the wanker signs. Our early leavers probably thought they were being clever in their response, but for me, if you're going to leave early then at least keep your head down and just f*** off home quietly.

I don't like booing, but leaving early 'cos we're losing or playing poor is the worst crime by far.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can never understand why people complain about the price of a ticket at Withdean and then leave early as many games are decided during the period added on at the end especially if the scores are level or one team is winning by 1 goal.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
At millwall last boxing day some of our 'fans' made me feel embarrassed. Yes we were shite and rightly getting trounced, but why leave early ?, and especially not with 15 mins still to play !

But what embarrassed me most was that some of those leaving early actually waved back to the chavvy 12 yr olds to our left who were waving and giving the wanker signs. Our early leavers probably thought they were being clever in their response, but for me, if you're going to leave early then at least keep your head down and just f*** off home quietly.

I don't like booing, but leaving early 'cos we're losing or playing poor is the worst crime by far.

Surely you've answered the question? We were shite and getting trounced. Sometimes there are better things to do than sit/stand around watching a god awful game of football where your team are getting humped. I left the palace game when the fifth went in. Why the hell would I have wanted to wait around till the final whistle? I was halfway home by the time the full time whistle went and whilst everyone else was kept in and being herded en masse back to the station I was in the pub forgetting the whole sorry mess.

How exactly is it a 'crime' to leave a game early? If you buy a newspaper and find that there's nothing worth reading in it do you read it from cover to cover? If you put the bbc on and find that there's a crap show on do you stolidly watch it in it's entirety? If it's pissing down with rain, blowing a gale, you're teams not trying, are getting beaten out of sight, it takes twenty mins to get home if you leave early as opposed to 45 if you don't why should you stay till the end? That's crazy.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Surely you've answered the question? We were shite and getting trounced. Sometimes there are better things to do than sit/stand around watching a god awful game of football where your team are getting humped. I left the palace game when the fifth went in. Why the hell would I have wanted to wait around till the final whistle? I was halfway home by the time the full time whistle went and whilst everyone else was kept in and being herded en masse back to the station I was in the pub forgetting the whole sorry mess.

How exactly is it a 'crime' to leave a game early? If you buy a newspaper and find that there's nothing worth reading in it do you read it from cover to cover? If you put the bbc on and find that there's a crap show on do you stolidly watch it in it's entirety? If it's pissing down with rain, blowing a gale, you're teams not trying, are getting beaten out of sight, it takes twenty mins to get home if you leave early as opposed to 45 if you don't why should you stay till the end? That's crazy.

Being a proper football supporter does not compare to reading a newspaper or putting the bbc on ! :thud:

As a supporter, i.e. actually going to games rather than 'supporting' a team from an armchair in front of the tv, means just that - SUPPORTING your team. You are an active part of the game and have a role to play. Cliche or not, you should be that 12th man.

If you leave early you are sending out a message. Fair enough, you may want to let your own team know that they're playing shite. My guess is though that on such days the players will already know how well they are performing. It's arguably days like that that players need our support the most. Support in my definition means helping someone out when they're down and most need help, not just giving them a big cheer when they're doing great anyway.

My biggest problem though is the message leaving early sends out to opposing fans. Sort of gives them the right to such wonderful chants as..... "shit club shit fans ! " , surely ? Every fan staying to the end and still singing their hearts out EVEN when getting beat = respect, IMHO.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I can't believe people boo, even if the team deserve it... It's hardly going to encourage them to play better next time is it? Imagine you make a bit of a cock-up at work, nothing major, but you need to repeat a bit of work... Which of these will have you best placed to achieve well next time?

a) Your boss having a massive strop

b) Your boss saying, "don't worry about it, you generally work hard, I'm sure you'll do alright next time"

The only person who should moan at the team is Adams, but even he must use constructive critiscism.

I can't abide people leaving early either, but that's mostly because:

a) They get in my way when I'm still trying to watch the match (another problem with all seater stadia)

b) It must be disheartening to the team to think that we've already given up on them... Particularly on Saturday when it was our best spell of the game.

I've only left games early twice, in 14 years of watching the Albion. These were the Mansfield walkout at the Goldstone and Lincoln away when we were 4-0 with 5 minutes to go and I had a train to catch. (Does this qualify me as a superfan?!):clap2:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
You can score in the last second of the game so I have never left early or booed come to that. On Saturday I just shook my head and did not applaud. Also people who leave early block the view as they stand on the stairs. Neither leaving early or booing are crimes though. You pays your money and choose what to do.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I can't believe people boo, even if the team deserve it... It's hardly going to encourage them to play better next time is it? Imagine you make a bit of a cock-up at work, nothing major, but you need to repeat a bit of work... Which of these will have you best placed to achieve well next time?

a) Your boss having a massive strop

b) Your boss saying, "don't worry about it, you generally work hard, I'm sure you'll do alright next time"

The only person who should moan at the team is Adams, but even he must use constructive critiscism.

I can't abide people leaving early either, but that's mostly because:

a) They get in my way when I'm still trying to watch the match (another problem with all seater stadia)

b) It must be disheartening to the team to think that we've already given up on them... Particularly on Saturday when it was our best spell of the game.

I've only left games early twice, in 14 years of watching the Albion. These were the Mansfield walkout at the Goldstone and Lincoln away when we were 4-0 with 5 minutes to go and I had a train to catch. (Does this qualify me as a superfan?!):clap2:

No, you should of waited for the next train :laugh:

Spot on post :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here