Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the BIGGER crime...

What is the BIGGER crime...

• Total voters

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
I left with about one minute to go in injury time as the game was just so frustrating, and had things to do last night (and had to navigate past the Shoreham Airshow).

Don't see anything wrong with leaving early, you pay for ticket; you can leave when you like... But booing is pretty pathetic imho.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Booing is not a crime.Needs to be done sometimes.I don't blame the people who did yesterday.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Neither is a crime as I don't believe you are likely to be arrested. As a customer you are entitled to express your view of the game. If you are watching a great game and you boo then I am sure your fellow supporters will shout you down. Equally, if you are watching a crap performance you can leave early. I did at Palace when that 5th goal went in. Never left a game that early before or since.
Harty on the phone in was talking crap saying you shouldn't boo and even John Byrne could not agree with him.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
i booed and left early, first time ive ever left a match early too, the only other time i booed before was the 2-1 defeat at forest few years ago

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Booing isn't a crime but its f***ing annoying, yes you pay for your ticket - but does that entitle you to become manager? No - it doesn't - and a lot of people think so. Its blooming disrespectful.

The reason why you are paying for a ticket and sitting in the stands - is that you are a SPECTATOR - ie YOU ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO BE ON THE PITCH!! If you're so bloody special get out there and do it yourself - week in week out, with the crowd boo-ing you - then see how it feels.

Leaving early is a far more respectful way of showing your disapproval. Just imagine if the whistle blew and the players all looked up to notice the stands were empty - thats a message and a half.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
never leave early, you never know what might happen.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
leaving early and yes i include standing on the running track is the biggest crime any football fan could commit.

I have stood my ground in the face of a home defeat AND portsmouth scum in the north stand... neither was a good enouth reason to go early.. but i would never boo the albion off either( and i was there for the palarse 5-0 and cheered the albion off)

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
leaving early and yes i include standing on the running track is the biggest crime any football fan could commit.

I have stood my ground in the face of a home defeat AND portsmouth scum in the north stand... neither was a good enouth reason to go early.. but i would never boo the albion off either( and i was there for the palarse 5-0 and cheered the albion off)

Why on earth did you cheer them off at Selhurst?

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I think both are awful. Booing is completely unacceptable in my opinion, even if the team has played badly I would never boo. I think people that do so are pathetic and it's actually quite thick. Everybody has bad days and the players themselves know when they've had a bad game, they don't need to be told by a group of people who aren't good enough to play themselves or some that don't even know much about football.

Leaving early (mainly for their bus I imagine) isn't good either, what is the last few minutes going to hurt?

On both of these subjects, yes you've paid and are entitled to an opinion but that's what the phone-in and chat forum is there for; to construct a valid point or argument not to just senselessly boo.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
never understood why people leave early you pay for a ticket and know what time it will finish therefore you plan accordingly. Booing on the other hand has a time and place

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here