Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the best football moment in the world ever - not goal, but moment?

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
For me, it has to be the moment the boys emerged from the tunnel at Wembley in 1983. Like most on here that are old enough, it still makes the hair on my neck stand up, and the noise from the sea of blue and white was absolutely deafening. Only the Donny game this season comes anywhere near that since.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Hard to believe it's all been the same Di Canio, isn't it?

D

Deleted member 18477

In the biggest one off football game in the whole world... to pull of something like this is quite exceptional.. This would be a shocker in an English lower league game but in the world cup final.

this and the cantona kick. just incredible moments!

D

Deleted member 18477

In the biggest one off football game in the whole world... to pull of something like this is quite exceptional.. This would be a shocker in an English lower league game but in the world cup final.

this and the cantona kick. just incredible moments!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Nigel Erskine's bare arsed Klinsmann dive in front of the North stand at the Goldstone. Pure gold.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Stuart Pearce's penalty "celebration" against Spain in Euro 96, makes the hairs on my neck stand up even now after all those years.

**I know it's a goal**

This.

Also, Doncaster walking out at the Goldstone with their banner - "Doncaster salutes you" - I think I cried a bit.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
The moment when Abu Diaby planted his boot full pelt onto John Terry's patchy head in the carling cup final knocking him clean out always makes me smile :)

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Moore and Pele swapping shirts.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The Best Football Moment In The World Ever

Occurs at precisely 4 minutes 39 seconds into this.....I have never, ever, gone quite so mental at any other moment in football.

[YT]-4SyMPHlwn8[/YT]

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This.

Also, Doncaster walking out at the Goldstone with their banner - "Doncaster salutes you" - I think I cried a bit.

This one...

rovers_salute.jpg

Those empty terraces were a disgrace. :(

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I could honestly watch this clip all day, and still roar with laughter every time. Brilliant moment.

This. Absolutely this.

I honestly don't think I've every laughed as much as when I saw this. I was at Pompey student union, had had zero units of alcohol and was an absolute mess for a good 10 minutes. Incredible.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
For me, it has to be the moment the boys emerged from the tunnel at Wembley in 1983. Like most on here that are old enough, it still makes the hair on my neck stand up, and the noise from the sea of blue and white was absolutely deafening. Only the Donny game this season comes anywhere near that since.

For me the moment at that match was the swell of noise from our fans on the right of the terrace moving across, wondering what they were going mental about then joining in as the British Calidonian chopper flew over, that was the moment when you realised it was really happening, our boys had arrived. United fans totaly silent, didn't know what was going on. Still has the same affect just thinking about it, my brother always says the same.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Actually for me, it is this (and the commentary)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here