Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the best football moment in the world ever - not goal, but moment?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Just talking to some colleagues at work about the best football moment ever - not the best goal, but best moment.

Was reminded of that scene in Looking for Eric when Cantona says that his best moment was a pass to Denis Irwin.

For me, the best moment ever was the pass that Pele played to Carlos Alberto in the 1970 world cup. It was just so beautifully paced. He just seemed to stop play and then calmly start it again.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Pele's dummy

[yt]-UzRsvCsC4c[/yt]

To have the confidence to do that.....wow.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Doesn't matter which ground, the moment when you walk up the steps.............. and look at the pitch when you arrive at the match.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Stuart Pearce's penalty "celebration" against Spain in Euro 96, makes the hairs on my neck stand up even now after all those years.

**I know it's a goal**

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I played a dummy in a 5-a-side game that fooled three defenders, before running onto the return pass to slot home as the bamboozled over my action held their heads in shame. I thought it remarkable and went off the pitch to celebrate with a cigarette. My job in this sport is done, i thought.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
After a goal, the very next best thing in football, is a HUGE goal-saving tackle, taking the ball, and sending the opposition player flying.

In my playing 'career' I enjoyed this easily as much as scoring. (which was just as well...)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Banks' save from Pele?

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
I played a dummy in a 5-a-side game that fooled three defenders, before running onto the return pass to slot home as the bamboozled over my action held their heads in shame. I thought it remarkable and went off the pitch to celebrate with a cigarette. My job in this sport is done, i thought.

makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Shame we're not allowed goals, as I'd have Ronnie Radford - and the pitch invasion by the parker boys!

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Glenn Murray absolutely SMASHING the ball into the disabled area of the Withdean in frustration after his missed shot came back to him off the advertising boards. It didn't hit anyone, but the look on his face and the audible silence from the horrified crowd was hilariously painful.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

end of thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here